I stayed this week at the Courtyard by Marriott in Gaithersburg. The property is located on a lake and part of the Washingtonian Center, therefore in an excellent location. The lobby is simple but inviting and front desk staff greet each guest as they enter the door.
The rooms are typical Courtyard style rooms. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning works perfectly. The desk work area has many recepticles and plenty of space for working. There is a sofa and the closet has not attached hangers. The bathroom is OK but the shampoos and soaps are quite tiny. Also the towels are small and thin (although not old). The walls are a little thin and I could hear people in the next room.
The breakfast buffet is ample and $14. Many typical choices are offered and they also have an omelet station. I had to ask several times to get coffee and no refills were offered. The place turns into a small bar in the evenings but with comfortable sofas is a nice place to enjoy a drink with a colleague. There is also a little store off the lobby with snacks and drinks.
Overall, an average to good hotel in an excellent area surrounded by the lake and shops and restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pool is seasonal; hours of operations are Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, and Sunday 10am-10pm. The Bar/Lounge is open weekdays Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm on the 2nd floor main lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Gaithersburg Marriott
- Gaithersburg Courtyard