My family and I wanted a quick weekend getaway and decided to book here on a whim. Are we ever glad we did!
The check-in was fast and and friendly. The young lady who greeted us at the front desk (Brittany) was very polite, professional and helpful. (Courtyard management - do everything you can to keep her!) We were in an and out of the hotel several times and Brittany never failed to greet us or any of the other guests who passed by.
All of the public areas of the hotel were clean, clean, clean. None of us noticed any of the little cosmetic things that can easily put someone off from wanting to stay at a property (e.g. dirty carpets, outdated decor, etc.).
Parking was complimentary and across the street from the hotel. Once we parked, we had absolutely no reason to to move the car until it was time to leave.
I always check the bathroom as soon as I enter a room and it was spotless. The toiletries provided were Paul Mitchell bath and facial soap as well as shampoo and conditioner. Bring your own lotion, mouthwash and shower caps!
The room itself (we stayed in a king suite with sofa bed) was very quiet, smelled fresh and was thoroughly cleaned. Housekeeping did a great job during the time we were there. I don't know if the floors were vacuumed/mopped each day but it seemed that way.
We made use of the pool which is small but very well maintained. (The pool's depth is 3' at the shallow end and 4'6" at the deepest point.) Each time we went to swim, there was a lifeguard on duty who we saw testing the PH levels of the swimming pool and whirlpool. I found that very reassuring. The temperatures for each were great and none of us left with our eyes burning from the chlorine.
We did have breakfast on-site and all thought it was very good. As other posters have mentioned, it is not free. It is a little on the expensive side but we figured we were paying for convenience. We all had fresh omelets but there were many other items available (oatmeal, fresh fruit/yogurt, waffles, biscuits/gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, cold cereals and various breads and muffin). No one walked away hungry or unsatisfied.
The location is excellent and very family friendly. The hotel sits on a boardwalk around a man-made lake and is within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and stores.
For the kids, there's a small train that has a stop right outside the hotel and will take you on a short (ten minute) trip around the immediate area. There is also a playground (with rubber mulch and not those awful wood chips) about a ten minute walk away.
Pros: Staff, location, free internet, parking, coffee/tea in the lobby (evenings after 5:30 PM).
Cons: None, really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pool is seasonal; hours of operations are Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, and Sunday 10am-10pm. The Bar/Lounge is open weekdays Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm on the 2nd floor main lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Gaithersburg Marriott
- Gaithersburg Courtyard