I just spent 3 nights (Friday-Monday) here while traveling for business. The hotel is located conveniently in Washingtonian Center. Garage parking is free and right next door. Once your car is parked, you'll have no need for it as the location of the hotel is central to many restaurants and shops all within walking distance around the lovely "Rio" area. The area is always busy and I felt very safe to walk around. The hotel is only a short drive away from the main area of Rockville, so this hotel is also convenient if you are traveling there for business.
The front desk staff was especially friendly, which was appreciated. The rooms are of standard Marriott quality and are adequately spacious and well kept. My room had a lovely view of the lake however noise from the boardwalk area was noticeable on all three nights until at least 11:30. Upper floors would likely solve that problem. The pool/fitness area was small but more than sufficient to meet my needs.
Breakfast is not included in the room rate and is $13 for the buffet or a la carte items of your choosing. Starbucks is across the street and the Corner Bakery is a few blocks up, and I preferred those options for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pool is seasonal; hours of operations are Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, and Sunday 10am-10pm. The Bar/Lounge is open weekdays Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm on the 2nd floor main lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Gaithersburg Marriott
- Gaithersburg Courtyard