“Best kind of hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Best kind of hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am very pleased to have stayed here. this is the best kind of hotel experience. Right when I walked in I was greeted by a very courteous and professional front desk clerk by the name of Britney Y. She got me checked in fast and efficiently. Being that I was a Priceline customer I wasn't sure what type of room I would get, I was very please when I had a nice room with a great view.Britney was sure to let me know everything about the hotel as far as amenities and conveniences, the whole process was short and sweet. I would stay here again without a doubt all, great hotel and excellent staff. It's employees like Britney Y. that make the whole customer experience perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We have expressed your kind words to Brittany and she is overwhelmed with delight. It was our pleasure to service you as our guest. We are thankful for your business and invite you back to the Gaithersburg area.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The location is convenient, and has plenty in walking distance. Parking in the garage that is shared with the movie theater and restaurants is a little congested on weekends. The rooms were well maintained and appointed, and housekeeping seemed to do a good job. I noticed significant noise in hallways, but inside the room it was quiet. The security situation here needs attending to - both nights, I came back to the security guards just gabbing away in the lobby, while folks loitered at the entrance. They weren't menacing loiterers, but I could see where a single female traveller would be non-plussed. Otherwise good property.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Attended for a family event- exceeded my expectations. Great location- lots of restaurants and convenient shops to visit during downtime. Friendly, efficient service. Good value- would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Signage is a bit lacking from the road- it's near the movie theatre. It looks like they get lots...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a joy having you here as our guest. Yes, we are adjacent to the movie theatre; and we hope you got to see a good movie will you were here. We are relieved you found us. We look forward to seeing you back in the Gaithersburg Area.

Best Regards,

Gaithersburg Courtyard
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had booked a room at this hotel for a planned trip at a guaranteed lower rate. Something came up causing me to cancel this booking which I cancelled immediately over two weeks before my reserved date of arrival. The deposit, or any portion of it, was not returned to my account so I called the hotel to inquire about it. I was told my $100 dollar payment would not be returned as it was forfeited as part of the advanced reservation. At the end of the reservation confirmation in small print was a sentence stating this. What an inconsiderate way to welcome a customer. What is the reason my room payment or at least a portion of it cannot be returned as they had ample time to rebook this room. Least to say I would never stay here again or refer anyone to this hotel. What a rip off. I have never heard of such a thing.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
We are saddened to hear you had to cancel your reservation with us. We strive to accommodate guests with their preferences from rates to room types. In cases where we strive to offer lower rates we provide our advanced deposit rate. This rate is offered with the guest obliging to the non-refundable costs (similar to an advanced airline ticket). We understand that life is unpredictable, in which at times, if applicable we may offer the guest to change the arrival date.

We understand your frustration with this policy, however due to its low cost our system is made to guarantee the rate for the loyal guest and for us. We invite you back in hopes you choose to stay with a Marriott again. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you are back in the Gaithersburg area- we would love to have you as our guest. We truly appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,
Gaithersburg Courtyard Management Team
Chillicothe, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was a hotel that we chose basically on the amenities that they offered. The hotel was beautiful and close to where we were going to be while travelling east for a Wedding. The hotel was a little hard to find since it is nestled in a shopping center area. The hotel room was very nice and had a lake view, wonderul to look at each morning! However, when we booked the hotel it was stated on Price Lince and Marriott's hotel website that the pool/hot tub were open every day for our enjoyment. When we checked in we asked where the pool was so that we could go relax. They showed us the pool, but then advised that is only open Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Even the amenities book in the hotel room says it is open everyday. We weren't real pleased with that, but we made it work. Overall, the hotel was very nice and everyone was very friendly except for the person working the graveyard shift when we checked out. She was very rude.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are comforted that you found us nested inside the Washingtonian Rio; you found the hidden treasure! Thank you for your patience on your travelling experience in to locating us (We recommend entering “9800 Washingtonian Blvd. Gaithersburg, MD 20878” into a GPS system).

We would like sincerely apologize for the unpleasant surprise that our pool, though it is operating, is open only on the weekends. The Marriott site has been updated to state the operation hours of the pool so this unpleasant surprise does not happen to another potential guest. We do invite you back as a guest to experience our pool on your next travels.

Our company prides itself on providing legendary service, even in “graveyard hours”. We would like to sincerely apologize for you experiencing less than that at check-out and hope you give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel. Thank you for sharing your review. This is helping us provide better services to you and to assure you we are listening to act.

Warm Regards,
Gaithersburg Courtyard Management Team
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was at the hotel for a small conference. The other guests were generally quiet, but sound really carries in the hallways. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The adjacent shopping center was very convenient with acceptable restaurants. I had 2 separate problems with the billing, but the desk staff worked hard to clear both up as soon as each one was discovered. However, one of my colleagues wedding ring disappeared from their room. One has to be careful with their belongings anywhere, I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake-side room, even though its on the highway side. Road noise was undetectable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hockessin, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Park your car and enjoy not having to move it again. So much to do at your doorstep from multiple restaurants, a movie theater, shopping and a nice walking path around a lake. I stayed there on business and plan to go back for a weekend with my wife. Also outdoor converts in the summer.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room. Starbucks across the street. Try the BGR burger joint across the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!