We found ourselves in Gaithersburg to attend a local wedding and selected the Courtyard by Marriott in the Washingtonian Center. Once we arrived and checked in we found our room clean and relatively modern. All the amenities were there and I liked the fact that we were on the 7th floor of a 9 floor hotel.
We were instructed to park our car in the free multi-level parking lot across the street. All street parking is limited to 30 minutes. There is a minimum of about 8 parking spots at the entrance to the hotel but they filled up quickly.
Our check-in was quick and the desk clerk was polite but could have been more informative. For example we did not know of the eating facilities are on the second floor and not the first floor. We found this out in the elevator, but did not understand why it was on the second floor. We also were not told that the free Wifi in the hotel required a password which we had to go back to the front desk to obtain. It was not listed in our hotel guide. Not major issues to complain about but it would have been the extra step to really being informative. The desk-clerk however was polite, smiling and courtious. We tried the hotels restaurant for breakfast on Sunday, the day we were checking out and the dining room staff (on the second floor) were extremely polite and professional. Great breakfast buffet by the way. Everything was there including a chef to make omelets.
Our 7th floor room struck me as unusual. The single king size bed in our room looked like it had been turned sideways. Meaning that the headboard was against the bathroom wall and not across from the TV. It just looked odd but was functional.
The entire area around the hotel called the Washingtonian Center reminded me of Epcot. Shops and restaurants lined the streets and everything was in walking distance from our hotel. I was particularly impressed how the area was adequately supplied with many ramps garages that seem invisible from the street. We found many restaurants surround the area can serve you to suit any taste.
We were particularly impressed by a restaurant just down the street from our hotel called the Copper Canyon. The hostess, bartender and the wait staff impressed us with their friendliness, politiness and cheerfulness. We had both lunch one day and dinnner the next day. I was so impressed by the way we were treated that I had to make my compliments to the restaurant manager. I rarely if ever do that. One tip though. The restaurants around the hotel fill up heavily around 6:00 PM. Length of waits were from twenty minutes to an hour. We got into the Copper Canyon with no wait at all.
The area outside of the hotel is park like with a very large pond on one side. A sidewalk allows you to walk all the way around the pond which is beautifully landscaped. All the time we were there I was constantly reminded of being at Epcot Center in Disney World.
All in all the Courtyard by Marriott was very good. My only negative comment would be that conversations carried on in the hallway transmit through the door as if the door was open. Room to room noise was non-existant.
I would without hesitancy stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel
- Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Courtyard Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Marriott
- Gaithersburg Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pool is seasonal; hours of operations are Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, and Sunday 10am-10pm. The Bar/Lounge is open weekdays Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm on the 2nd floor main lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.