“Great Prime Rib” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Damascus, Maryland
“Great Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I come for the early bird special, get there before 5:30pm mon-sat and get the 1/2 pound prime rib, all u can eat salad bar which has everything u could think of on it, as well as a great baked potato. Then if you still have room they offer a sweet desert and it Also comes with tea, coffee, 0r iced tea. over all the best value in Gaithersburg, for a Great dinner! all this come to about $15.00 + tax & tip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Go somewhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family decided to go here for my B-Day on a Thursday at 7:45 pm. Haven't been here for over twenty years and from what I remember the food was only so so but my friend said the prime rib was really good and they claim to have more than 75 items on their website We waited at the door for several minutes and no hostess. There were about 6 tables and two or three servers plus other restaurant personnel. Restaurant was not crowded at all. The servers saw us but didn't step in to seat us or say hi to us or even acknowledge us or even try to find the hostess, so we sat ourselves. We sat down for a while and still none of the servers came to greet us. After sitting there for a while I decided to look at the salad bar and I notice one of the workers had already started to take down half of the salad bar. I asked him why so early. He said both side have the same items. Note the website said OVER 75 ITEMS and somewhat misleading. The catch is 75 items divided by two since both sides have the same thing. Salad bar not that impressive. The prices on menu is averge to high especially for prime rib. I can't comment on the food but based on the small crowd on a Thurs night, bad service, mgmt & hostess MIA and apathy of the servers, the food can't be that good. Just as we were getting up to leave, one of the servers brought four waters and menu in hand. Go somewhere else. I am never going back here again ever. This is not the only restaurant in town and there are a lot of great restaurants in this area. Not wasting my time here and not taking a chance on the food here either. The parking lot is kind of empty especially for Thurs night wihich might be an indicator on the quality of the food and the talent in th kitchen. Goodbye

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cortland, New York
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere - but yes, may be a bit "outdated" for some. HOWEVER, the food is the best in the area. The prime rib is spectacular, very flavorful and the salad bar is fresh with lots of items. Homemade apple crisp for dessert was delicious! Prices are good and the staff is attentive.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“FOUND MY "A+" RESTAURANT IN GAITHERSBURG, MD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I saw a coupon for this restaurant in our local newspaper that is good for an 8 ounce Maryland crab cake and salad for just $18.00. Yesterday, July 19, 2013, we used this coupon and concluded that this restaurant deserves to get a grade of "A+".

1. Service : Our reservation was for 6:45 p.m. but due to lighter traffic in Interstate 270, we arrived at the restaurant early at 4:30 p.m. The hostess promptly seated us and our assigned waitress took care of us. The latter was very attentive to our needs throughout our dinner.She provided us more bread and refilled our drinks when she noticed our empty containers.

2. Foods & drinks: I ordered the 8 oz crab cake while my companion ordered steak with lobster tail and 4 oz.crab cake. These entrees came with choices of potatoes and vegetable dishes. While waiting for our entrees and vegetables, we got our salads from the Salad Bar. Our drinks and hot bread were served while eating our salads.

Every foods served to us were DELICIOUS. My companion gave me a small piece of his steak and lobster dishes to sample. My crab cake did not have any fillers, only big lumps of crab meats!

3.Prices: Prices of entrees are reasonable. For my big crab cakes, the price is $18.00. For the steak and lobster, the price is $34.00 while the small crab cake is $8.00. For dessert, we shared a big slice of chocolate cake. Total cost of our delicious dinners and drinks is only $60.00!

4. Food Selections: There is a big selection of entrees in their Menu, ranging from chicken, pork, beef, sea foods, pasta and salads. This local restaurant is famous for their steak and crab cakes. The same is true for their dessert selections - we had a hard time choosing which one to get for our dessert.

Their servings are big portions. We could not finish all the foods we ordered so we took home our leftovers.

5. Location and Parking: The restaurant is easy to find after exiting on Montgomery Village Avenue or Route 124 (East) on Interstate 270. We turned right on Route 355 and saw the restaurant on the right side of Route 355. There is lot of parking spaces near its restaurant and across its location.

CONCLUSION: We will surely go back to this restaurant to enjoy their DELICIOUS MEALS AND EXCELLENT SERVICE. It deserves a grade of " A+" based on the 5 reasons indicated above.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Went for Banquet, not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a banquet at the restaurant recently and I was not impressed with the food.

The buffet had potatoes (good), salad (dressing was OK), chicken (dry), lasagna (good but only with the cheese topping), rolls (terrible, must have been frozen and warmed up), and roast beef (very fatty, not very good)

The potatoes were the only thing that I would have gone back for seconds on. Nothing else. Very dissapointed with the rolls, how hard is it to bake fresh rolls??

Visited May 2013