“As always....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 270 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Il Porto offers fresh and delicious Italian food at very reasonable prices along with impeccable service. You will not find a more friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We now offer OUTDOOR SEATING on our brand new patio. And, with our recent expansion to the property next door, we can now accommodate large groups!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“As always....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just checking in. We have never been disappointed here. And tonight keeps the streak alive...
The white pizza is still the best around !

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scarsdale, New York
“Italian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've said it before here on TripAdvisor. I live in the New York City area where good to great Italian dining is available in just about every community.

This place was OK. I had the sausage and peppers. I was hoping for sweet sausage but they only prepare it with a hot sausage which wasn't very. My companion had the spinach ravioli which he said was only ordinary.

However, 2 people, under $35.00 isn't bad.

It seemed to be a pretty busy little place but we were seated immediately and the server was a very pleasant guy. Though we didn't indulge, the bar and wine list seemed pretty extensive so I would say go and enjoy. It's a nice little neighborhood place but don't expect fine dining.or you'll be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Yummy food at a very yummy reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Il Porto has such a lovely array of food and it is pleasant. Everything our table of six had was
excellent and it was a pleasure eating there, The service was very good w/o being hovered over
and the variety of food was so nice. We all enjoyed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northport, Alabama
“Great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I dined at this restaurant twice in the month of June, both times by myself. First, service is very attentive and they really do try to do their best to have you enjoy your experience there. However, the food is just not up to the level of the service. They bring out freshly baked bread and grated cheese so I thought, wow, this is going to be great. The flavoring/seasoning of the two items I had Linguine with red clam sauce and Spaghetti Bolognese just isn't there. It's better than frozen meals, but I've had better just at food samples at my local Publix grocery store. I did have their house salad, but again the dressing is bland and I didn't order it the second time. They have a good wine list and you can take what you don't drink with you. Too bad the food flavors just aren't there to match their high level of service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockville
“Really good local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Il Porto is a really nice place for a high quality relaxing dinner. Sure, it is not an elegant high end restaurant, but it also has reasonable prices for very good food that is well prepared and with excellent friendly service. One time there the fish I had was not very good. And when I spoke with the manager he not only tried the fish and agreed with me, but he apologized profusely, and corrected the problem immediately. He could not have handled this problem, which clearly was an anomaly, better, or earned our loyalty more quickly. This is a lovey local family restaurant.

• Visited April 2013