“Standard GO TO” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Standard GO TO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We make this a standard in our lunch outings, happy hour meetings, and dinner before movie night outings in my circle of friends and co-workers. I have had a variety of selections from the menu and can only complain about the Taco's really. Everything else is very good. A lot of people like the tacos but I find them too greasy for my taste. Drinks are excellent and service which can be slow on the outdoor patio is acceptable because the scenery can't be beat. I also love that they can close up the outdoor seating and heat it up for winter time so you don't loose out on the scenery or the business in those harsh winter months around here. Go for the Guacamole if you love it they hand make it in front of you here and I can't get enough.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best Of The Best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Our all time favorite . Excellent food and great service. Best value for the Margaritas. Always busy and packed, still great service. Very friendly staff.

• Visited September 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“delicious margarita's and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been here now about 6 times (come here about once a month) and I love the food and ambiance.
The frozen margarita's are amazing... plus the salsa that you get for free with your chips, I think they have put some kind of crack in it ;)

I often order the chicken enchilada's and they have been good every time except once, when they were a bit dry. I also love the spinach enchilada's and I think these are the best. Once I had a tamale and I did not like it, but I think that is more because I do not like tamales (ordered them at other places and also did not like them).
Yesterday I tried the half chicken in Acapulco sauce. That was a lot of food! It was jummy, had half of the food at dinner and enjoyed the other half today at lunch. The tres leches was great too (it was a week after my B-day and my BF had arranged for them to bring out the desert with a candle and a sombrero, every time at Guapo's this happens 5 times a night at least).
We usually go on a Sunday and the restaurant is always crowded, still they are fast with bringing out the food and I like the option that you can sit outside.
It is a bit on the pricy side for a latin place, but damn those margarita's and the salsa make up for it (and the huge amount of food).

“Cafeteria-Style Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

In this restaurant you place an order at the counter. They do bring you the food, which was tasty but not anything extraordinary, although the fried yucca was well done. It is reasonably priced and served quickly. It would be a good place to bring the family. No alcohol is served. There is no ambiance, but the staff is friendly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Best Plato Grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been going there for quite a few years . We always order the Plato Grande and its always tasty.

• Visited June 2013