“Great for a family gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: Great Seneca Highway
Transit: Ride On Bus - Kentlands Blvd Stop
Herndon, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for a family gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Italian food was very good served family style and the staff went overboard to meet our needs. We had a great time celebrating two family birthdays.

Visited September 2013

Rockville, Maryland
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Great place to go, make sure to make a reservation for their Kitchen Table. Everyone is nice from the General Manager "Farhad" to all the receptionists and Waitstaffs. Great food, Fast, good quality. The restaurant has a beautiful atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Maryland
“Italian Food, Over Priced, somewhat Stingy portions!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been to Buca's before and it was ok, nothing to rave about, and kind of average. Last night, is the last time, I will ever go there. This restaurant has the nerve to charge ala carte for pasta, when I ordered veal Parm!. I asked the waitress, where is the pasta, and she said that it was ala carte. This is the first time in an Italian restaurant that veal parm, didn't come with a pasta. Ok, I ordered a side order of pasta, and it was pretty good tasting. The portion was small, and the veal parm had very little sauce on it. I asked the manager, how could the sell a $25 dollar veal parm, and be so damn skimpy with sauce. The manager told me that they always put 4 0z. of sauce on the veal. Can you imagine that? A whopping four oz. of sauce on three pieces of veal! How stingy of them. The manager did ask if I wanted more sauce and brought a small bowl to my table. Very nice, considering I paid enough for the entree!! The mere fact of the matter is, how can a restaurant be stingy as they are and still expect a customer to return? I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? Please make sure to include the date and location of your complaint in your e-mail. We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.
“Painfully loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Enjoy the many unique rooms and decorating. Enjoyed the food. The meatballs were wonderful. Everything we had was good. Fun atmosphere. Family style dining. But the acoustics were the worst I have ever experienced in a restaurant. Hard to even hear the people next to me. Not recommended for sound sensitive or hard of hearing people.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, West Virginia
“Perhaps it was the unassuming entrance ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

All I knew was that this was a little Italian restaurant. Little in size, maybe, but huge in taste and portions. This was a business dinner for about 25, put together by the hosting agency. We had a great private room and the best assortment of dishes, from appetizers to desserts, I've ever had. It was served family style and everything ... I mean everything was simply delish! Chicken Parm, eggplant, chicken marsala, fettuccine alfredo. Oh my mouth is watering just remembering! Did I mention the tiramisu to die for? Oh and the Italian Creme Cake! I want to go back. I need to go back! Yum oh yum!

• Visited July 2013