“my stay 24th sept till 8th oct 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   960 North Fredrick Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Perth, Australia
“my stay 24th sept till 8th oct 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

wonderful friendly staff...the bed is like cloud nine...is nice and quiet for sleeping.
when i initially booked for accommodation here in bethesda area...my friend and i ..Rob...who lives locally...had approached The Hilton Hotel...closer to bethesda. both Rob and i rang twice, emailed a manager there,,,and had no reply or followup.So if this hotel, didnt want my business,,,we looked elsewhere.
Rob looked around and found this tidy new hotel,,,a bit further from his place...but the manager,,was very prompt with replies ,gave me an excellent rate.
the staff ,,i cant not fault, the follow up,,helpfulness of staff,,my room,internet is fast,and i am sleeping as if i am in my own bed at home in Perth A.U.

thanks hampton inn staff for your good manners, and happy staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hello! Glad you are having a fabulous stay with us. Being able to have a good rest at night is priceless, especially when you are far from home. Our Team is really working hard to stay on top of excellent service and cleanliness so thank you for noticing. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great new hotel with the service and amenities you expect from Hampton Inns. It is conveniently located near great shopping and dining and is a reasonable distance from Washington, DC. This location has a lifeguard on duty--a great bonus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience our salt purified indoor pool. I agree having the life guard is great! Hope you can come back soon.
Washington, DC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a brand new property in the surrounding metropolitan area of Washington, DC. I checked in after 1 a.m. and checked out at 6 a.m., so I didn't get to partake in any of the amenities. My king size room was enormous. I thought I had a handicap room at first until I saw the bathroom. The level of service by the night time front desk agent (Jeff) far exceeded my expectations, but it's not good to review a hotel based on one person because if Jeff isn't there then is the hotel really any good? My stay was okay. It's a new hotel so everything is new. I was mad I couldn't figure out how to turn the heat on in the room. The thermostat wouldn't go past 74. While I slept the temperature in the room was tolerable. I will say this...the cable channel selection at this property was phenomenal! I think this property has Direct TV so your in-room cable channel selections were as if you were at home. I wish I could've stayed longer just to watch channels I never knew existed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you so much for the review. Hopefully next time you can stay longer and enjoy more of our Hamptonality. We appreciate the feedback on your stay and mentioning our team member. Have a great weekend!
Brattleboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent place to stay in this area--clean, comfortable, very nice. A bit above the general Hampton Inn standard. Only downside is restaurants are a little ways down the road, which is a minor inconvenience when traveling for business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am excited to share with you and others that may consider staying with us that the Watkins Mill Town Center development next door to us will have restaurants, café and retail. This is going to be a huge plus for our hotel and our guests as it will be within walking distance. The expected opening is spring 2014. In the meantime our front desk can share suggestions that are within a mile to 3 miles from the hotel. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Yucca Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

For this type of mid-priced chain, value for cost was very good. Guest room and bathroom were immaculately clean. Rooms were quiet. Complimentary hot breakfast (or cold cereals and fruit) were included in the price and were quite acceptable. As a long-time Marriott rewards member who uses the Courtyard brand often, I am now leaning toward using the Hampton Inn chain more frequently.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Barbara R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello! Wow - great feedback, thank you! Yes, I agree the total value you get from the Hilton brand is great and we are proud of our new hotel. Our team is continuously looking at training and how we can keep a high level of service, cleanliness and maintenance. We look forward to welcoming you back to our award winning brand.
Birminigham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our stay was brief, but very nice. Staff was helpful, room was pleasant, breakfast was good. We will certainly consider staying here again. It is not too far from the northernmost Metro station, and the Metro ride to the Smithsonian was about 35 minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take in the sights and sounds of Washington DC. Shady Grove metro on the red line is about 5 miles from the hotel and you are right getting into downtown DC typically takes 30-35 minutes which is awesome. See you next time.
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is very new and very clean. Beds/pillows were very comfortable, but be warned that the beds are high. Mini fridge and microwave in room is always great to have. The breakfast was great...sausage gravy, waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt and much more. Bathroom was nice and modern, but again the sink/counter height was very high...I am 5'6" and while washing my face, my arms touched the counter. Shorter people may have an issue.
We were in town for a funeral, so did not have time to check out the pool or fitness center.
Just outside the main entrance, on one side there were two parking spaces for hybrid/low emission cars and a few more spaces for what must be the Hampton Inn reward program members. On the other side were a couple handicapped spots and a few carpool spots.
We would definitely return as the hotel was excellent and located in a quieter area than other local hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello! Thank you for the review. Sorry to read you were in the area for a funeral - condolences from the team. When you come back please let us perhaps show you another room type to see if we can find another option to be more comfortable for you. Overall, glad you had a great stay.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!