“Nice menu, family friendly and much better service!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 278 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
North Potomac
“Nice menu, family friendly and much better service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family has eaten at this restaurant several times, and each time, the overall experience gets even better. The menu has gotten more appealing and the service much improved. We now always look forward to our visit to Not Your Average Joe's in Gaithersburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Germantown Maryland
“Getting better everytime”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were big fans of the Leesburg Facility when this one opened. It had a rough start but is better each time we go there. Service was done well today, the food came out in a timely manner but not all at once as it had before. The bread they give you is to die for as usual. I had the Ahi Tuna Appetizer and it was delicious, the tuna was perfectly prepared the spices of the sauce were not overpowering but flavorful. My wife had the tomato basal and it was very good also. I tried the special of clams and linguine for dinner. At first when it came out it looked pretty small in the bowl. But as I dug in there was a ton of flavor in there with the numerous clams, sausage, tomatoes and other ingredients plus another piece of that fabulous bread. over loaded on carbs tonight but it was worth it. My wife had the goat cheese salad and it was a generous serving well done with a lovely raspberry vinergarrete.

We are happy that the service has improved as the store has matured and we will be going back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Good service and somr very good menu items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm not usually a fan of chine restaurants but the service here is very good and there are some outstanding items on the menu. They also will modify most menu item if you request it. I had chicken enchiladas and know they would be too mild for my New Mexico taste but with added jalapenos I requested they were very good. A friend had a pizza which included pistachios which were a nice touch. The bread and spiced olive oil served before the meal is excellent and irresistible.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Owings Mills, MD
“Average No”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Like the variety in this casual restaurant. We were with a large group and everyone could find something they liked. I had the Turkey Burger with a small Greek Salad on the plate. Nice presentation and tasted good. Service was outstanding with lots of refills for our drinks and prompt service. For us it is a long trip to eat here, but we have been back quite a few times because we enjoy food explorations. We would definitely go back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Simpler seasonings and less sugar, please!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Fun place, good atmosphere, but really didn't like the food as much as I'd hoped, especially considering the price. Tuna on wontons - keep the tuna, leave the wontons, which are more like deep fried chips and oddly sweet. Chicken enchiladas were also heavy with a cloying, sweet sauce. My husband did enjoy his shrimp fettucine, though. I just get the feeling the kitchen throws in every spice they can think of, and simpler compositions would be much more pleasing. Wouldn't hesitate to go back and enjoy the bar, though.

Visited July 2013