“Great Sushi Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Great Sushi Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place is right around the corner from my house and I couldnt be happier about that!

There are not many good sushi places that I have found in Gaithersburg so this was a great find.

Me and my wife go here pretty frequently (twice a month) and it is consistently good every time. The specialty sushi offerings are very good and always beautifully displayed. The normal rolls are also very good.

We even ordered the fried rice once and although it is pretty expensive, it was extremely good! The best fried rice I have ever had.

The waitresses are always very nice and very attentive. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for good sushi in Gburg.

Visited July 2012

Laytonsville, Maryland
“Best Sushi Expeerience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I awaited the opening of this restaurant for some time and we were not disappointed! Located in a local shopping plaza, the restaurant interior is warm, beautiful and elegant for the area. A large private room is available for parties.

The sushi and other items on the menu are fresh and presented as a works of art. The menu offers an extensive selection of speciality rolls in addition to the sushi and sashimi. Tempura, hibachi, and teriyaki are among other style of Japanese cuisine offered. Staff are gracious and attentive.

We have dined here dozens of times, brought friends, ordered carry out and catering for a party. We were always very satisfied. The restaurant out competes all other local sushi restaurants in the area.

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very good local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had looked at this restaurant several times (in our local shopping center) and said "we have to try it" so one stormy Friday we did. It was quite enjoyable. The environment is very relaxed and the sushi is very good. We tried several thigs and the only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the shrimp tempura - but I don't often eat fried foods. My husband even had the tempura cheesecake and loved it.

Hopefully the place will last - it was a friday night and quite empty. Perhaps it was the wintry weather. We will definitely go again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Back again, and still very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Since this restaurant is so close to where we live, my husband and I have been back several times since our first visit last month. We still love the fresh and vibrant flavors of the sushi and rolls, especially the specialty rolls. A large menu with lots to choose from, even for those who may not want sushi. I think the service has been a little inconsistent, but I know they are trying to hire staff, based on the help wanted sign in the window. We'll continue to go when we're in the mood for a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and good food.

• Visited January 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Will go back again soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We live close by and decided to give Yoshiya a try on a recent Friday evening. A very serene and relaxing atmosphere, with soft music in the backround, perfect after a hectic week of Christmas shopping. My husband and I shared the sushi and sashima combo, with miso soup and a salad. Very fresh and beautifully presented. We also ordered the Dancing dragon roll, Spicy tuna, mango inside, shrimp on the top with spicy mayo, eel sauce- ohh so good! Great combination of flavors. Even though we were full, we had to try their fried cheesecake, hard to explain, but a light, not greasy, crisp to the outside, and soft and creamy cheesecake filling..I will have to make sure I save room for that every time we go. The restaurant serves several types of Japanese beer and wine by the glass was a bargain at $3.95 for Woodbridge pinot grigio. We're already making plans to go back in a few days with our son.

• Visited December 2012