“Not a nice room” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   497 Quince Orchard Road - I-270 at Quince Orchard Road, Exit #10/11, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
“Not a nice room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room itself, in appearance, was like a cheap, low-buget scandanavian indy film remake of A Clockwork Orange, except less entertaining and a lot filthier. Some ikea furniture scattered around kind of seems like a good effort, but if the towels have dirt and other people's hair on them it sort of destroyes any good intentions one could possibly make.

Also the trains zooming by at regular intervals was kind of annoying at times, but I can live with that easily if for some clean towels and a regularly scrubbed bathtub.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wise, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've stayed at this location a few times while passing through, and it seems to get worse each time. My most recent stay, being just a few days ago, proved to be the most disappointing of all. The rooms are advertised as being 'modern' or 'updated'- though the only noticeable 'update' is a coat of paint & thinner sheets. I wouldn't have minded the new sinks as advertised- but during my 3 stays here, I've yet to see one of the modern bowl sinks.

Upon entering the room, I had to adjust the air temperature- which promptly shut off 5 minutes after. I couldn't get it to work properly at all. Second, there was evidently a leak under the sink- upon coming back from dinner, there was a large puddle in the floor that I had to mop up with a towel. I didn't bother calling the desk- given what little English was spoken & the attitude of the desk clerks, I figured I was better off just cleaning the water up myself.

I didn't even bother using the shower- when I tried to turn the water on, the entire handle pulled completely away from the wall. The bathroom could have been a lot cleaner as well.

The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were far too soft. I had to bunch them up for any kind of support. Given only 3, it made for a bad night of sleep. Not only was the pedestrian traffic unbearably loud, but a train shook the entire building right when I was finally drifting off to sleep. Checkout was noon, but I left a full 2 hours before that- couldn't wait to get out.

Advertised price was $75- wound up paying over $90 after taxes- & the wifi wasn't even free. For this price, I could have gone a few more blocks to Holiday Inn, which is what I plan on doing the next time I'm in town.

I know you get what you pay for- but for this price, it should have been a LOT better.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay on the far end from the lobby, facing criswell. Seeing as how the trains...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed there this past Sat night The place was clean although it smelled a little musty. There were no amenities and the towels could have been used for sand paper. The check in was prompt and they had coffee in the lobby the next morning for my wife so all was well. Not a place I really want to come back to but I waited too late to make reservations and all the other places in the area were booked

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

On March 1, 2014 we stayed in this motel on the 3rd floor. It was the cheapest hotel that we could find and decided to make due because it was only for one night. I noticed some questionable "ladies" hanging around. The room was not properly cleaned, there was an empty panty hose package lying on the floor next to the bed. The comfortor smelled of, well lets just say it smelled bad. The trains (which are right next to the parking lot) run all hours of the night and shake the entire building. It sounds like an airplane is about to hit the building. Also, the WIFI is not free. The guy at the front desk told us that the giant "FREE WIFI" sign hanging outside was old and that we had to pay extra if we wanted the code to sign on to the WIFI. It was the cheapest hotel that we could find and decided to make due for only one night.

In the morning when we awoke there was a BEDBUG the size of an apple seed crawling on the pillow where my head had just been!!!!!! This thing was huge and blood red. We immediately packed and left the room. When we spoke to the guy at the front desk he told me "you may have seen a bug, but not a Bedbug. This hotel is very clean, very clean." He didnt offer us a refund and when we asked for one he told us that we would have to go on the Motel 6 website and contact Customer Service because he was not authorized to do so.

When we got home we checked all of our clothes and luggage for Bedbugs and luckily found nothing. A few hours into the day I discoverd little red marks on the back of my neck and on my left forearm. They were really itchy. On Tuesday March 4, 2014 I reported the bedbug to the City of Gaithersburg (which had been closed the day before due to the snow storm).

Room Tip: Read reviews for Motels and Hotels before staying there if you have time. Skip the good ones, they c...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was hands down the best Motel 6 I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at many). When I went to book a room there were no one bedrooms left, so I was given a two bedroom at no additional charge, which came with a comfortable little sitting area. The room looks like it was just renovated - modern decor and wood floors instead of the usual sketchy carpet.

The guy at the front desk was very nice and even gave me a courtesy call when I got in to see that everything was to my liking (at a Motel 6... can you imagine?). I was also able to get a local place to deliver Chinese food right to my room. Location was very quiet (none of the weird comings and goings that sometimes plague this chain).

If I had to say anything negative, there was a set in stain on the otherwise new-looking duvet and whatever air spray they use between guests was not pleasant to me! Scent kind of blended in after a while :/

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Germantown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good place to stay without having to pay extra for your pets. The place looks a bit dated from the outside and they are in the process of renovating. Our room was nice - next gen with wood floors and updated furnishings and bedding so we were pleasantly surprised. No microwave or fridge and you have to pay $4.95 for Wi-Fi. A good place to stay for one night to rest up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

As for the rooms, we have stayed in a double and a king. Double cost more but at least you get a chair and a bigger room. The king is a tiny room with a table and no chair, This motel offers WiFi if you pay for it $3.17 a day. No fridge or micro in room. You have to go to office for coffee and to use a microwave, which is in the room with the 2 washers and dryers. Not good if you are on the 3rd floor. Good luck watching TV, it has16 channels most of which is sports and news. One maid out of all was nice, but they frown when you ask for the room cleaned. You do get clean towels and trash removed that is about it. The manager of the motel was nice too. She always smiled and asked if everything was ok. You will not sleep from 8 am to 6pm due to the construction.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the back due to the fact there is a train track level with the 2nd floor which...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!