“Nice pet friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   497 Quince Orchard Road - I-270 at Quince Orchard Road, Exit #10/11, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Germantown
“Nice pet friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Good place to stay without having to pay extra for your pets. The place looks a bit dated from the outside and they are in the process of renovating. Our room was nice - next gen with wood floors and updated furnishings and bedding so we were pleasantly surprised. No microwave or fridge and you have to pay $4.95 for Wi-Fi. A good place to stay for one night to rest up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wewahitchka, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

As for the rooms, we have stayed in a double and a king. Double cost more but at least you get a chair and a bigger room. The king is a tiny room with a table and no chair, This motel offers WiFi if you pay for it $3.17 a day. No fridge or micro in room. You have to go to office for coffee and to use a microwave, which is in the room with the 2 washers and dryers. Not good if you are on the 3rd floor. Good luck watching TV, it has16 channels most of which is sports and news. One maid out of all was nice, but they frown when you ask for the room cleaned. You do get clean towels and trash removed that is about it. The manager of the motel was nice too. She always smiled and asked if everything was ok. You will not sleep from 8 am to 6pm due to the construction.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the back due to the fact there is a train track level with the 2nd floor which...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Best value in the area especially if you are looking for pet friendly without having to pay a deposit. Clean, spacious room in a quiet area. It's obviously not the Hilton but it's an affordable, pleasant place to stay if you are traveling. If you are super picky and are expecting a room with high design you won't find it here but if you are looking for a cheap, clean, quiet room to sleep in this is the perfect place!

• Stayed July 2012
Fairmont, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in, and a low price is no excuse for skimping on the very basics. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but smelled awful, clearly having been smoked in. The tub had permanent black stains across the bottom. Housekeeping consisted of exchanging our 4 used towels for 2 clean ones - no evidence of having cleaned the bathroom or vacuumed, and they certainly didn't make the beds. The door lock didn't work very well, as we had slide the card multuple times to open it. The lock that only lets the door open a few inches was not secured to the wall very well, and likely would have given way had an intruder tried to force it. If I could have given this dump 0 stars I would.

Room Tip: Don't even bother with this dump.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I cannot express how horrible this Motel 6 is. My boyfriend and I would rather have slept in the car and bathed at the car wash. This was extremely overpriced for what it was. The bed felt like we were sleeping on the floor. I didn't want to touch anything. Some of the outlets did not work, and it stated on a sign outside "free wifi"...bull crap!!! I could not WAIT to get out of that place. It was the most disgusting place I've ever stayed...never again!!! Keep driving or sleep in your car. You wil be better off!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night while traveling to Washington, DC with my husband. I should have known better considering how much cheaper it was than other hotels in the area - we paid $64.99 for the night. We requested a room (in advance) that was smoke free and pet free. Well it was a "non-smoking" room but the rooms on both sides were smoking. The man at check-in told us if this did not suffice we would not be penalized and we could stay somewhere else. However, there were no other hotels with availability in the area. The room smelled very strongly like stale smoke, and while we didn't see any pet fur, there was an ant in the bed as soon as we pulled back the sheets. I would highly recommend that they keep their smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms as separate as possible - not intermixed throughout the corridors.

The bathroom was gross - the tub had all sorts of residue on the floor that looked like vomit. There was hair on the shower curtain. We were afraid to walk around without shoes on which made it very difficult. The bath towels were EXTREMELY small and they didn't give you any shampoo - soap only.

Within 24 hours I had 5 bites on my back side. Not sure what they were from, but I could only assume this hotel. I've never had bites like these in a concentrated area.

It's sad that this is what you get for $65. That is only "cheap" by American standards.

I would never stay here again. It's worth paying a bit more to stay at a nicer chain. I can't believe Motel 6 would actually allow someplace like this!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms! I would recommend a 2nd or 3rd floor room so that there is a less chance of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

I have been to a lot of motel 6 in my life and this was the most downgraded one of all. The bed is caves in on one side, the bathroom is tiny and the tub looks filthy. I want to take a shower and there was a Roach climbing up the wall. I dang near pooped my pants. For $72 a night I would expect something a lot cleaner and at least an upgraded TV. Can you say old school.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!