“Even at Budget prices motels usually do better” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   497 Quince Orchard Road - I-270 at Quince Orchard Road, Exit #10/11, Gaithersburg, MD 20878 (Formerly Red Roof Inn)   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Boston, Ma
“Even at Budget prices motels usually do better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stay at everything from 5 stars in U.S. and Europe to motels on road trips across the U.S. usually 40 stays a year. So our expectations are pretty well balanced. We use budget hotels like Comfort Inn or Econo lodge on road trips particularly when that is about all there is. This hotel is cheap at about 70 a night for a couple and we took it because they take pets and we had one along this time.

The motel needs work, while fairly clean everything is worn, even a few broken items and you don't even get shampoo. Towels the size of dish towels. I would expect somebody is going to renovate this place or else it just turned over and a family is trying to get on their feet running it. Nice enough staff but keep your expectations in check. Right near I-270

Room Tip: Avoid the ground floor and the back of motel which is on a rail line
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I chose this hotel because it was very close to his parents home where we had planned to attend a family birthday party. The hotel rate was cheap enough, but the property was filthy! Even though we had chosen a non-smoking room, the bedspreads had multiple holes from cigarette burns. When I went to use the shower, the surface of the bath tub was dirty with some kind of grey silt and hair. We chose to use the elevator to go to our room on the 3rd floor. There was food caked on the floor of the elevator, and food wrappers on the pathway to our room. We travel all over the world, and we have never encountered a more dirty environment in a hotel. My husband took pictures of our room and its surroundings and has sent them off to the corporate offices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
La Plata, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

I use them about 4 to 5 times per year. I always have clean linens, and the room is clean. The staff is always friendly and accommodating to my needs. If you are looking for something fancy or room service, try one of the super expensive hotels in the area. But if you want a nice room to sleep in, and be close to area restaurants and local parks and clubs,and not pay outrageous prices? pick Motel 6 Gaithersburg.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Graz, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

I am my college booked this motel. The motel looked nice on a approachable place. However the room given to us was not so good. There were still smoke stubs and sheet wasn't supposedly changed. In fact the room was infested with bugs and all the time I was suspecting something was wrong. I had to get my apartment fumigated a few weeks after that.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

For starters, this location was HORRIBLE. It was positioned in between a freeway/train track and a car dealership! If you stay on the side facing the car dealership (which we were) you would be fine noise wise, but the view was horrendous. If you stay on the other side you hear trains passing by all day and night.

My family members checked us in and were treated rudely by the front desk staff. The cleaning staff also seemed to either give us dirty looks or just were not happy period.

The room itself was decent and was on the 3rd floor, so the use of the elevator (centrally located) was needed. Inside the room there was a sink outside of the bathroom (I hate when places do this!) as the bathroom was very tiny.

There was a person who looked to be a drug dealer loitering the parking lot when we arrived. After we dropped our luggage in the room we went to do a bit of shopping (which was close nearby) and when we returned the police in about 6 cars were in the middle or an arrest or something. We never did find out what happened, but just them being them left an unpleasant taste in our mouths.

I would personally pay a little more for a place in the same area. The proximity to Washington D.C. was actually great, so if you can find another motel/hotel in the vicinity, try that place first.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Berlin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

For a Motel in this class it was a pretty good one. Clean room, helpful staff, good location.

BUT: Do NOT take a room on the backside of the hotel if you dont like trains. There are trains going by every 10 to 20 minutes and if you dont have a deep sleep this will kill your night. There is a sign about the trains at the checkin counter, so its ok.

Overall, nice stay (I came back late and was sleepy ;-)

• Liked — Nice motel close to where my conference was, clean room
  • Disliked — Loud trains behind the building.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

This is an old motel that they recently tried to stick some lipstick on. My room was non-smoking, but only for the night I was staying there because I don't smoke. It smelled really strong of smoke and when I got home I had to wash all my clothes, even the clean ones, to get the smell out.

The lobby was locked and I had to check in through a window smilar to a bank teller or ticket counter at the train station. The clerk was unfriendly and had a heavy accent.

Oh yeah, there were no toiletries. Just 1 small bar of soap. The towel was so small it was like a comedy. I'm glad no one was with me to see it though.

On top of it all there is a freight railroad rightbehind th property with trains coming through at all hours and there ae lots of birds around. My car was covered in the morning.

YUCK!

• Liked — Bed, electricity, A/C
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Washington, DC - Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!