“Awesome stay” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
“Awesome stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I only stayed for one night, but next time I'm in the area I plan on staying here. Great room! Basically its a apartment, very clean. They do have a breakfast, I didn’t have the chance to check it out so I cant speak on it. There was wifi in the room. There was one small ordeal, tried to watch a dvd in the room but the cord was frayed behind the dvd player, called down to the front desk and there was nothing he could do..asked if we could get one out from another room, but he wouldn't let us do that. So that was the only thing that was not very accommodating. Maybe next time they would think about that upon me asking, that would have been the best customer service thing to do, instead of telling me, "no, guess you cant watch a dvd"...but other than that the stay was good. And next time bring your own dvd player if you want to watch movies, lol.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hi, thank you for commenting on your stay at the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comment prompted us to ensure we have enough DVD players. We now have twenty plus. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us and look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We just got back from a weekend stay at hyatt house gaithersburg and almost had to look for another hotel when we arrived at midnight (after driving 7 hours) to attend a family reunion. We had reservations for 2 nights for a 2 bedroom suite on the second floor. Much to our surprise after checking in, we were told that the buildings had no elevators. My daughter was born with a disability and is wheelchair bound. They were fully booked and I was so upset that there was no mention anywhere on their website that they actually had no elevators. If I had known, I would have booked elsewhere. Even if one is not wheelchair bound, it would be quite a feat if you have several bags to drag up 3 floors. In the end, we were transferred to a smaller 1 bedroom suite on the first floor, after waiting for them to move another reservation up to a higher floor so we can be accomodated on the first floor. We had no choice but it just took me by surprise that there still are hotels here that are not 100% handicap accessible.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the comment regarding the Hyatt House Gaithersburg not having elevators. I do apologize that you were not made aware. It is something that me and my team are working on. I am glad we were able to accommodate you with a first floor room. Thank you for choosing us!
Lynchburg, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was nice and clean, but very humid because of the outdoor hallways. Breakfast was alright, but people acted as if the food would run out. The television channels were a bit confusing. The pool and sitting area with fire pit looked nice. Overall a good value for a hotel which was better than a Comfort Inn or Quality Inn. The extra room and full kitchen were great.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were spacious, but being downstairs we heard the family upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Greetings! I will ensure your comments are shared with the team. Thank you for choosing us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Hyatt House is several houses. Buildings A, B, C ,D- you get the idea. We stayed in Building D which is close to the tennis court and pool. Unfortunately we were only there for one night so we didn't get to try those out. The exterior of Building D is not awe inspiring as several spots have broken off sections of wood and it needs a paint job BUT our room looked great. It was comfortable, didn't have any weird smells etc. Everything inside our room was in tiptop shape, all the appliances worked, all the utensils that were supposed to be in the room actually were! My techie/nerdy side was very pleased with all of the outlets in the room and the wifi was strong and consistent. The saddest thing for me was the H-Bar was out of cupcakes when I really wanted a cupcake. Personally I feel like no good place should ever run out of cupcakes but that's just me :-D

**Warning- if you like the higher floor there are no elevators. I always choose the highest floor in a Hyatt House because the hotel tends to appeal to families which sometimes means little kids which equals stomping across my head if my room is beneath them. Granted the highest floor is the third floor but if you are staying a while or have heavy luggage I think you should at least be aware!

Room Tip: Remember, no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs or heavy luggage, ask for a first floor ro...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to put your comments in writing. It will assist us as we analyze and prioritize ways to improve our hotel. Thank you for staying with us!
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family were looking for a hotel to stay in the area. It was nice to be able to cook dinner in our room, have access to a pool, and sport court. The morning breakfast was an added plus to this stay. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. I am glad our hotel met your needs. I look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing us!
DeLand, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had 2 couples, one of which had a small child, plus 1 other person. Stayed in the 2-bedroom suite, one couple in each bedroom and their small child, then the single person stayed on the pull-out couch. Splitting the cost, this is the best bargain going! Each bedroom had a king bed and a flat screen tv, and a really nice bathroom. Kitchen was fully equipped, and the living area had the big couch, a lounge chair, and an eating area. The only downside was that the person sleeping on the couch had to go through a bedroom to use the bathroom if getting up at night.

One problem with our room was that we had a hard time getting the temperature to stay constant. It seemed like the a/c would run for a while and get really cold, then the heat came on to warm it up again.

The rest of the place was great too. They have a nice outdoor area - a pool, firepit with lots of chairs around, and several tables and chairs with umbrellas, and even a pergola with a grille that you could use. Free hot breakfast every morning, with a cute girl cooking omelets to order if you want. Evenings (Mon-Thu) they had a complimentary hors d'oeuvres, but we were only there Friday thru Sunday. There's a laundry, an exercise room, a basketball court, and a business area too. From the looks and location of the place, my guess is that it's geared toward business travelers who are staying for the whole week. The grounds are very well-kept. The exteriors of the buildings could use some sprucing up - there was some wood rot going on, but not where it would bother anyone inside the rooms. Roof looks pretty new. If you're going to visit DC with another couple, this is the way to do it. There is a subway station just a mile or 2 away, and that'll take you right into DC.

Room Tip: If you can, get a layout of the place and you can see where the quietest rooms will be. I always tr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and amenties we have to offer. Thank you for choosing us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My sisters and I came up for a shower and shared a suite, it worked out great with two great neices with us. Close to the pool, nice outdoor seating. Perfect for family stay. Kept up well, although housekeeping cart was outside our door most of the day (don't know why). Breakfast could have more fresh fruit verity. Grounds and buildings being. Kept up fairly well, obviously still being worked on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments will be utilized to improve our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us!

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!