“2 bedroom suite is great for families” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
DeLand, Florida
“2 bedroom suite is great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We had 2 couples, one of which had a small child, plus 1 other person. Stayed in the 2-bedroom suite, one couple in each bedroom and their small child, then the single person stayed on the pull-out couch. Splitting the cost, this is the best bargain going! Each bedroom had a king bed and a flat screen tv, and a really nice bathroom. Kitchen was fully equipped, and the living area had the big couch, a lounge chair, and an eating area. The only downside was that the person sleeping on the couch had to go through a bedroom to use the bathroom if getting up at night.

One problem with our room was that we had a hard time getting the temperature to stay constant. It seemed like the a/c would run for a while and get really cold, then the heat came on to warm it up again.

The rest of the place was great too. They have a nice outdoor area - a pool, firepit with lots of chairs around, and several tables and chairs with umbrellas, and even a pergola with a grille that you could use. Free hot breakfast every morning, with a cute girl cooking omelets to order if you want. Evenings (Mon-Thu) they had a complimentary hors d'oeuvres, but we were only there Friday thru Sunday. There's a laundry, an exercise room, a basketball court, and a business area too. From the looks and location of the place, my guess is that it's geared toward business travelers who are staying for the whole week. The grounds are very well-kept. The exteriors of the buildings could use some sprucing up - there was some wood rot going on, but not where it would bother anyone inside the rooms. Roof looks pretty new. If you're going to visit DC with another couple, this is the way to do it. There is a subway station just a mile or 2 away, and that'll take you right into DC.

Room Tip: If you can, get a layout of the place and you can see where the quietest rooms will be. I always tr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stacey F, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to comment on the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and amenties we have to offer. Thank you for choosing us.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My sisters and I came up for a shower and shared a suite, it worked out great with two great neices with us. Close to the pool, nice outdoor seating. Perfect for family stay. Kept up well, although housekeeping cart was outside our door most of the day (don't know why). Breakfast could have more fresh fruit verity. Grounds and buildings being. Kept up fairly well, obviously still being worked on.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hyatt House Gaithersburg. Your comments will be utilized to improve our hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for a summer internship.
Pluses: Breakfast is delicious, and they have made-to-order omelettes sometimes! The location was ideal - walkable to nice parks, quiet residential areas, grocery stores, and plenty of restaurants. There were also several great Asian markets nearby! There are local events and a farmer's market relatively close. This place is also close to public transport and major highways which make for a quick ride anywhere. They also had a van that lodgers could use! Rooms were very spacious and comfortable.
Minuses: Laundry would be unavailable/broken very often, and the price for laundry rose in the middle of the summer. My room mate and I found some strange looking mold/mildew on the shower curtains, but the staff didn't do anything about it until we pestered for a few weeks. Sometimes noise from neighbors or the unintentional noise from our place was a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mililani, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just checked into the Hyatt place at Gaithersburg, MD and I will be here for 2 weeks in this room. This is my first time experiencing a Hyatt when usually I am a Starwood member. I decided to try a different brand to experience it and my first impression has not been a good one. I am here for a teacher conference and the first thing that I see is the dust and crap on the couch, bed stains at bottom of the bed, mold in the shower, dirty draws, and dust on clothes rack. Did anyone even clean this room? I understand that they were sold out due to the 4th of July weekend but it seems as if nothing was cleaned. Attached are the pictures of this room that I am in. This is not the impression that Hyatt wants to have for a first time guest.

If this continues, I am definitely requesting to get out of this hotel and brand.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the unacceptable experience you have had with us. I know we spoke at length regarding your concerns and am glad we were able to address once we were made aware. I appreciate you staying with us and providing candid feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a reservation with our baseball team via the website. About 30 minutes prior to my arrival, they messaged us that 3 of our rooms were no longer available. The front desk person stated that a large group came in and needed the rooms so they bumped us. Apparently when we book a reservation that is meaningless. I would never recommend this to any of my friends.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize for not being able to accomodate you. It is not our normal practice. I hope in the future, you will change your mind and choose to stay with us when in Gaithersburg.
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found out prior to our visit that you have no elevators, so I called ahead directly to the hotel to request a ground floor room. I was told by the person on the phone, that they would probably be able to honor my request. I then asked if they could note our request on our reservation and explained my husband had rheumatoid arthritis, my daughter was recovering from a soccer injury and I had just had surgery, and would not be able to assist them in unpacking the car. The response from the person at the front desk was "okay, hopefully we can accommodate you, and I will note it on your reservation" We arrived and the staff appeared to have no record of my request. We arrived about 4:15 and the women was kind and asked what type of room we had requested, which I thought was odd, since I had a reservation. I stated that we had a trio (King, and two doubles/queens) she was nice and apologized saying they had been swamped the during the weekend and the room was not ready. She called housekeeping and requested a trio on ground level. We waited nearly an hour, during which time, the shift changed, the second person on duty, was less that cordial, actually rude, but finally got us our room. When we arrived at our room, it was indeed a trio, BUT NOT a king,, double, double, It was a queen/ double, double. We were okay with this, because it was ground floor, however there were numerous problems with our room. First, the TV in the master bedroom did not work, second, the other bedroom's bathroom did not have a plug in the bathtub, which made it impossible for our daughter to take a bath. She could not take a bath in our room, because it only had a shower. We made do. The second night we returned to our room, and none of our keys worked! We had to go to the front desk and have them rekeyed/programmed. The next day I did laundry, two of the machines worked great, however the third machine did not. IT DID NOT RINSE MY CLOTHES, I can assure you I read the directions and followed them. Consequently, I had to rewash them in another washer. Housekeeping was in the room, when I noted the problem, and I asked them to place a sign on the washer, but instead of placing a sign on the washer, they chose to wipe it out and allow some other guest the same opportunity to have their clothes not washed properly. On the positive side, THE LIFEGUARD and the GROUNDSKEEPER WERE GREAT. They were friendly, and kind. The pool and grounds were immaculate. In terms of location, the hotel was great, however, we encountered many problems, and were not impressed. We expected much better as the reviews on trip advisor suggest this hotel is a good one. We have stayed at many suite hotels over the years and I can honestly say, this was less than satisfactory in many ways. We tried to make the best of our situation, but were disappointed. Hopefully they read this and improve their customer service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take comments such as yours seriously. You have touched on many points that will assist us in improving. Thank you for staying with the Hyatt House Gaitherbsurg and I hope you chosse us when in the area again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was here meeting a friend who was on business and was pleasantly surprised to find such a spacious place; 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchen and "living room". I was even more surprised to find out what else they had to offer. Every night at 5 was a social event. No one under 21 was allowed since alcohol was served but they also had snacks to eat at no extra cost. Breakfast was good. You have your choice of hot and cold dishes as well as fruit, yogurt, juices, and coffee/tea.

The service was excellent. The staff was so warm and friendly. They also gave me great suggestions of attractions to visit. I would love to come back to this hotel just to talk to the workers.

The hotel is easy to navigate. It is right of 377 and/or 355. It is also close to many restaurants and Washington Center.

And just a side perk, it is pet friendly!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!