“A Makeover from the inside out” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Colorado
“A Makeover from the inside out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

How pleasant to come back to the same city as two years ago (with Kryon and the Lemurian Sisterhood event) and find this upgrade! Above and beyond the convenient location, there is the genuine hospitality of the staff (shout out to Damien and Phillip) for making us feel taken care of; the check in and out process, the restaurant - all of it. The 'new' rooms are suites with full kitchens, and all the amenities. I knew I was in a heavenly shower when there was a little shelf for my foot to rest on while shaving! Lots of water pressure, comfy beds and pillows, great (clean) carpet, big closet, quiet AC. The restaurant was also 'above and beyond' with a chef that was willing to create substitutions for our groups' varying gastronomic needs. Decent wines with more-than-generous pours made us happy. The chocolate lava cake wasn't as fresh as others we've had, but all in all, a satisfying stay at a reasonable price. We'll be back!

Room Tip: This is a 3 story property WITHOUT elevators; ask for a ground floor when you make your reservations...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Readington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a very inexpensive quality place to stay in the DC area. Can get down to DC in 20 minutes without traffic. Also very close to the Shady Grove metro station. Rooms are nice, clean, and very large. King size bed was very comfortable. Only disappointments were that I could not get wifi on my iPod touch, and the breakfast could be better. The person at the front desk told me she also has problems getting wifi with Apple products. This needs to be corrected. The breakfast was the usual powdered scrambled eggs and sausage. No potatoes. No waffle maker. But certainly better than nothing. There was a beautiful courtyard and pool area. I have stayed here before and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Capitola, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for our daughter's wedding in the nearby Germantown area. We had a two bedroom/2 bathroom suite with full kitchen. We did the all the flowers for the wedding in the kitchen dining area and the staff cleaned the room spotless when we returned. The breakfast was ok. Service was great. They even let us check in early which was really helpful. We used the AARP rate for a weekend and got a great deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The reason I rated the long term stay hotel 5 stars is entirely due to the excellent service I have received while staying here. Phil the gentleman who typically works at the bar has been one of the most amazing provider and accommodater. Blessing and Ursala have been great as well! There are definitely some problems with this hotel. There is black mold everywhere! My room often smells moldy when I come in after work for the day. I've been combating a respiratory infection for a week now and I'm not convinced this mold may be some of the reason why. There is also a major issue with one of the staff of the hotel. Neha has been the MOST UNHELPFUL person I've ever experienced in the hotel industry... and I've been traveling awhile. Please just walk away if you need help and wait to for someone else to be working. I've seen her service make people cry. I've had to wait for the shuttle which is not in use for at least an hour on multiple occasions. Overall it has been a great summer and Hyatt House and definitely helped provide this.... However, management really need to get some things straight starting with removing people to demonstrate bad service (Neha) and putting the people who do excellent work in a higher position (Phil, Blessing)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amboise, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been at Hyatt House in Gaithersburg twice so far this summer, for a week at a time, and I am truly impressed with the hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and it's awesome to have a kitchen (and there is a grocery store just across the street). The staff is awesome and very helpful, with everything. I highly recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_Best, Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am happy to see that you have made a second visit to our property this summer. This is one of the best compliments we can receive is to have repeat customers. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
North East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited here end of June 2013 for nine nights, we had seen some reports and questioned should we should we not because we saw basket ball court, never needed to worry, rule no noise after 10pm and it is enforced but we never saw the need, lots of students but they were polite and no bother.
Staff great, Sandra general manager could not do enough warm, friendly, every member of staff including the handy man, we have stayed in many hotels in the USA from Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton but this gives you more in lots of little ways.
Breakfast good, rooms excellent, cleanliness very good, some outside woodwork needs some attention but this does not distract from it being one of the nicest hotels.
Good outside pool with life guard and pool lifts for people with access problems. I have no hesitation in recommending staying here.

Room Tip: No lifts so if you have problems with bags the staff will carry them for you but rooms on the outsid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel, staff and the amenities we offer. We were happy to have you with us for such a long stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been here several times over eight years, always with a good experience. The public areas were recently remodeled and well done. The rooms are very nice with a lot of comfortable touches. The free hot breakfast is above average. The layout of the buildings, with pool, play and sitting areas, beautiful trees and plantings, make it a pleasure to walk around the grounds. Most notable is the staff. They obviously love their jobs and love the clientele, they are personally interested in you and your situation and what you need. After a ten day stay I had checked out and was sitting in the lobby finalizing some work on my laptop. The young lady at the desk came over and asked if she could bring me a cup of tea or coffee. How nice is that?

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and repeat business over the years. I am please that you like the renovations to the lobby and the guest rooms, it is nice to see feedback on this already. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!