“Newer Hotel - great room for spreading out over a few days” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Capitola, California
“Newer Hotel - great room for spreading out over a few days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here for our daughter's wedding in the nearby Germantown area. We had a two bedroom/2 bathroom suite with full kitchen. We did the all the flowers for the wedding in the kitchen dining area and the staff cleaned the room spotless when we returned. The breakfast was ok. Service was great. They even let us check in early which was really helpful. We used the AARP rate for a weekend and got a great deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The reason I rated the long term stay hotel 5 stars is entirely due to the excellent service I have received while staying here. Phil the gentleman who typically works at the bar has been one of the most amazing provider and accommodater. Blessing and Ursala have been great as well! There are definitely some problems with this hotel. There is black mold everywhere! My room often smells moldy when I come in after work for the day. I've been combating a respiratory infection for a week now and I'm not convinced this mold may be some of the reason why. There is also a major issue with one of the staff of the hotel. Neha has been the MOST UNHELPFUL person I've ever experienced in the hotel industry... and I've been traveling awhile. Please just walk away if you need help and wait to for someone else to be working. I've seen her service make people cry. I've had to wait for the shuttle which is not in use for at least an hour on multiple occasions. Overall it has been a great summer and Hyatt House and definitely helped provide this.... However, management really need to get some things straight starting with removing people to demonstrate bad service (Neha) and putting the people who do excellent work in a higher position (Phil, Blessing)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amboise, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've been at Hyatt House in Gaithersburg twice so far this summer, for a week at a time, and I am truly impressed with the hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and it's awesome to have a kitchen (and there is a grocery store just across the street). The staff is awesome and very helpful, with everything. I highly recommend the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_Best, Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am happy to see that you have made a second visit to our property this summer. This is one of the best compliments we can receive is to have repeat customers. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
North East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Visited here end of June 2013 for nine nights, we had seen some reports and questioned should we should we not because we saw basket ball court, never needed to worry, rule no noise after 10pm and it is enforced but we never saw the need, lots of students but they were polite and no bother.
Staff great, Sandra general manager could not do enough warm, friendly, every member of staff including the handy man, we have stayed in many hotels in the USA from Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton but this gives you more in lots of little ways.
Breakfast good, rooms excellent, cleanliness very good, some outside woodwork needs some attention but this does not distract from it being one of the nicest hotels.
Good outside pool with life guard and pool lifts for people with access problems. I have no hesitation in recommending staying here.

Room Tip: No lifts so if you have problems with bags the staff will carry them for you but rooms on the outsid...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel, staff and the amenities we offer. We were happy to have you with us for such a long stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been here several times over eight years, always with a good experience. The public areas were recently remodeled and well done. The rooms are very nice with a lot of comfortable touches. The free hot breakfast is above average. The layout of the buildings, with pool, play and sitting areas, beautiful trees and plantings, make it a pleasure to walk around the grounds. Most notable is the staff. They obviously love their jobs and love the clientele, they are personally interested in you and your situation and what you need. After a ten day stay I had checked out and was sitting in the lobby finalizing some work on my laptop. The young lady at the desk came over and asked if she could bring me a cup of tea or coffee. How nice is that?

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and repeat business over the years. I am please that you like the renovations to the lobby and the guest rooms, it is nice to see feedback on this already. Thank you again for your feedback.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked a block of rooms and a meeting room here for an adoption reunion. Lee, the sales manager, was great to work with, and we felt like the rooms were an excellent value.

We were able to check in a little early and get a nice quiet room on the 2nd floor. The room itself was awesome. Only a couple oddities: the bed was positioned so that the bedroom doors couldn't close, and the TV channels were different in the living room and the bedroom. The room was in excellent condition and very comfortable.

We used the complimentary shuttle service to and from the Metro station. Going there, the driver was a few minutes late to the lobby, but no big deal. She told us to call the hotel when we were two stops away on our return to get the shuttle. I did call and was told the shuttle would come for us. However, we ended up waiting for almost an hour. Several calls were made to the hotel during that time, and we were told over and over that the driver was just running late. Our kids were tired, and we had scrambled through DC to be sure we were back by the 9:00 shuttle cut-off time. We did eventually get a ride back, but that was a bit frustrating. Had it been raining, we would have been very upset. The shuttle van itself is in poor condition, but it was a free ride.

We rented the hotel's meeting room for a pizza party one night. It worked very well, and the price was very affordable.

Our reunion group used the pool that same night, too, and it was great. Nice that there was a lifeguard, although all of us parents stayed in the pool area to watch our kids anyways.

The next night, the hotel pool was completely over-run with badly behaved preteen boys. (well over a dozen kids, appeared to be a lacrosse team) Not one single parent was in the pool area to supervise. The lifeguard was trying, but the conditions were totally unsafe for our kids to swim. Very frustrating.

We decided to go make s'mores at the nice firepit area instead. Unfortunately, the pilot light was out and maintenance never showed up (over an hour wait) to turn the firepit back on. That was disappointing.

I had asked to borrow a blender from the hotel's borrow program and was told I'd have one by the next morning. No blender ever showed up.

My husband enjoyed the hotel's complimentary breakfast every morning.

The public spaces were nicely decorated and clean.

The rooms were a real highlight.

I wish guest services had better service and follow-through.

Overall, it was a very nice stay though. We were happy with our hotel choice. Like I said, we got a very good deal on the rooms, since we booked a block. For what we paid, it was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you, your family and the reunion attendees. We greatly appreciate your business and all of you positive comments. Hope to see you with us again very soon.
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked my travel month ago through expedia, due to emergency I had to cancel my reservation I called the hotel to seek assistance and the sales director with a sarcastic tone says" what type of emergency is this that you want to cancel it 9 days in advance" and he proceed to tell me I cant help you because you booked through expedia. I felt totally harassed by his comments
he was really rude, they have the worse customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and we will certainly look into the situation at hand. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!