“Resort atmosphere, great food, happy staff” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Resort atmosphere, great food, happy staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been here several times over eight years, always with a good experience. The public areas were recently remodeled and well done. The rooms are very nice with a lot of comfortable touches. The free hot breakfast is above average. The layout of the buildings, with pool, play and sitting areas, beautiful trees and plantings, make it a pleasure to walk around the grounds. Most notable is the staff. They obviously love their jobs and love the clientele, they are personally interested in you and your situation and what you need. After a ten day stay I had checked out and was sitting in the lobby finalizing some work on my laptop. The young lady at the desk came over and asked if she could bring me a cup of tea or coffee. How nice is that?

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have trouble with stairs ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony_Best, Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and repeat business over the years. I am please that you like the renovations to the lobby and the guest rooms, it is nice to see feedback on this already. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked a block of rooms and a meeting room here for an adoption reunion. Lee, the sales manager, was great to work with, and we felt like the rooms were an excellent value.

We were able to check in a little early and get a nice quiet room on the 2nd floor. The room itself was awesome. Only a couple oddities: the bed was positioned so that the bedroom doors couldn't close, and the TV channels were different in the living room and the bedroom. The room was in excellent condition and very comfortable.

We used the complimentary shuttle service to and from the Metro station. Going there, the driver was a few minutes late to the lobby, but no big deal. She told us to call the hotel when we were two stops away on our return to get the shuttle. I did call and was told the shuttle would come for us. However, we ended up waiting for almost an hour. Several calls were made to the hotel during that time, and we were told over and over that the driver was just running late. Our kids were tired, and we had scrambled through DC to be sure we were back by the 9:00 shuttle cut-off time. We did eventually get a ride back, but that was a bit frustrating. Had it been raining, we would have been very upset. The shuttle van itself is in poor condition, but it was a free ride.

We rented the hotel's meeting room for a pizza party one night. It worked very well, and the price was very affordable.

Our reunion group used the pool that same night, too, and it was great. Nice that there was a lifeguard, although all of us parents stayed in the pool area to watch our kids anyways.

The next night, the hotel pool was completely over-run with badly behaved preteen boys. (well over a dozen kids, appeared to be a lacrosse team) Not one single parent was in the pool area to supervise. The lifeguard was trying, but the conditions were totally unsafe for our kids to swim. Very frustrating.

We decided to go make s'mores at the nice firepit area instead. Unfortunately, the pilot light was out and maintenance never showed up (over an hour wait) to turn the firepit back on. That was disappointing.

I had asked to borrow a blender from the hotel's borrow program and was told I'd have one by the next morning. No blender ever showed up.

My husband enjoyed the hotel's complimentary breakfast every morning.

The public spaces were nicely decorated and clean.

The rooms were a real highlight.

I wish guest services had better service and follow-through.

Overall, it was a very nice stay though. We were happy with our hotel choice. Like I said, we got a very good deal on the rooms, since we booked a block. For what we paid, it was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you, your family and the reunion attendees. We greatly appreciate your business and all of you positive comments. Hope to see you with us again very soon.
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked my travel month ago through expedia, due to emergency I had to cancel my reservation I called the hotel to seek assistance and the sales director with a sarcastic tone says" what type of emergency is this that you want to cancel it 9 days in advance" and he proceed to tell me I cant help you because you booked through expedia. I felt totally harassed by his comments
he was really rude, they have the worse customer service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and we will certainly look into the situation at hand. Thank you again for your feedback.
Rose Valley, Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed for a lacrosse tournament and were not given many choices about where to stay because of a deal between the Chamber of Commerce and the hotels. Even so, HYATT house was a great place to stay with a bunch of teenage girls and their parents. The staff was patient and helpful despite many people and an obviously busy weekend. The room we stayed in was clean and well stocked. Overall worth the cost~ so convenient to have a kitchen with a large fridge and the breakfast option was also appreciated by all. Breakfast includes hot options every day. The plants around the pool and patio are very attractive and welcoming too.

Room Tip: If you stay in a two king suite, one room will have an outside view (ours was to the pool) and the o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate you and your family while traveling for your lacrosse tournament. I appreciate the room tip as well. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
West New York, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was in the area for business for 10 days, and picked this hotel so my 3yo daughter & babysitter felt like on vacation. While I was gone during the day, they enjoyed the outdoor pool, full breakfast, basketball court, and scooter rides thru the property. The rooms are renovated and feel very nice, modern, and clean. The staff (esp Phil) are all very nice and helpful. The location was perfect for our needs, and the rate was very reasonable for a 1 br suite with breakfast.
I hope to stay here again when I return to the area, even though I am a loyal starwood member and don't earn any points here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your business and we hope to have you as a loyal traveler as Starwood does. I am happy that you and your daughter were able to enjoy your time in the area and at our hotel. Hope to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great stay. Best part about the Hyatt House was the wonderful staff. They were so friendly. Nice bar in the lobby, drinks reasonably price. The rooms are very spacious and the free breakfast might be the best I've had in a hotel, including an omelet station.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It was nice to read your comments about the staff and your overall experience. We greatly appreciate your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.
McGaheysville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

As a Hyatt Diamond member, it is the little things that keeps me choosing Hyatt first. After staying in a competitive brand the night before, due to location, I was extremely pleased upon check in with the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. When I made it to my room I was delighted to find a food tray and a bottle of wine waiting for me, showing their gratitude for choosing the brand. I would recommend anyone visiting Gaithersburg to chose this exceptional property, and I would give an A+ to the GM.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We greatly appreciate your patronage and loyalty as a Diamond member, I am happy to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!