“Great place great people make for an awesome stay” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Carmel, Indiana, United States
“Great place great people make for an awesome stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been coming here for over 7 years and this hotel has reached a great new level of service. The staff especially (Phil ) are great. The rooms are recently renovated and it conveniently located to the metro and surrounding cities so for seeing the sites it is a great choice. They are renovating the main eating area and it looks to be another great improvement. When you stay there make sure you ask for Phil, he will make sure to help make your stay enjoyable. Whatever you wanted to do, eat, or see he can help.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review! I am glad you and the staff got along during your time here. I love hearing stories from guests when associates go above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations as a traveler. There are many options for hotels and Hyatt house gaithersburg truly appreciate your loyaty. See you on your next trip!

Many thanks,

Sandra Stulen

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
hindman ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Great place to stay. The rooms have all benn renovated and the service is great. Phil is the man. He simply does a great job and the Hyatt should be grateful they have him. Our compnay stays here primarily because of our relationship with him.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_Best, Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I will happily share this with Phil and I appreciate you and your companies patronage of the hotel. Thank you for such a wonderful review and such amazing comments for Phil.
On The Road
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great property in suburban/metro DC.

This is an exterior entry property, so if that is something that you don't care for - don't stay here.

I don't mind exterior entry hotels, especially for really short stays. (1-2 nights)

The rooms are fantastic, updated, clean, well maintained and very modern.

A two room suite is fantastic for a stay where one person gets to sleep in...but the other has to get up and head out to work. That was the situation - my wife and I were in. She slept in, I got ready and headed out to work.

The property is well landscaped, and beautifully maintained.

The breakfast area is a little cramped - not the best set up, but it works. Also there aren't a lot of tables - so when the property is booked at or near capacity, I bet it is crazy in that area in the morning!

I would definitely stay here again, it is a very nice property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the room were up to your statisfactory. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Many thanks,
Sandra Stulen
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked several Project Teams with the Hyatt House Gaithersburg from August 19 - November 9, 2012. Paula my sales contact was awesome and was very personable. She was every quick to response to emails request when at times came daily marked urgent with additions or changes to reservations. I hope to work with Paula again very soon! She is an asset to the hotel and sales staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for booking your project rooms with us, we greatly appreciate your business and loyalty. I am happy that Paula was able to assist you, I will be happy to share your comments with her. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and responsive. Checkin and checkout was a breeze. The rooms were very comfortable and plenty of room. Keep in mind it's more like a mini suite with a sleeping area separate from the living area. The mini kitchen had all one needed including microwave, refrigerator, small stove, sink, etc. There was the typical in room coffee available. The breakfast, which was included, was fine. Nothing fancy but it served its purpose and plenty of coffee as well. I certainly liked the free wifi included. Many other large chains can learn from this as this is one of the most important amenities for the business traveler. All in all it was a pleasant stay and would certainly recommend this hotel for any business traveler.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room. Since all the door are outside, including the steps, it's best t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you with a quick check-in/out and that you found the room to be comfortable. I am very happy to know that you will recommend us to fellow travelers. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a fine hotel staff are friendly and you're only 1.3 miles to Metro into Washington, DC!!
There is a mall with couple of miles with all of the usual Chain Restuarants so something for everyone.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so get ready to walk stairs our room was on third floor and you access it fro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you review of your recent stay. I appreciate you positive remarks regarding our location and amenities. For your next stay please request a first floor suite and we would be happy to accommodate you so that an elevator is not need.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hyatt House before and found it quite charming. This past time of staying at the Hyatt House I found that they have remodeled the rooms. They are much nicer and more modern in their design. The front desk agent was very sweet and welcomed me to the afternoon "social" which was ok but I found that the staff was very knowledgeable about the area and gave great tips on things for me to do that would fit my budget and interests. I love the fact that the rooms feel like you are in your own house compared to being in a hotel I will say it is a great change from seeing the same model time and time again. One bad thing is that there are no elevators it is an all exterior hotel.... let me break that one down for you all... For those who don't travel all that much this means that you have to walk outside.... All in all it is a great stay the staff treats you like family and are very helpful and friendly. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I love the corner rooms they have more windows
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, staff & services! I am pleased to hear that our staff takes care of you during your stay. We have a great staff and our goal is to make you feel comfortable and at home. It's nice to hear that we did our job! Unfortunately, due to the property having an exterior layout and less than 4 floors, an elevator isn't really needed. However, if you need a lower floor suite please, specify it on your next reservation. Our staff will be more than happy to honor your request. We appreciate your feed back and we hope to see you soon on your next trip.

-Sandra Stulen

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!