“Great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and responsive. Checkin and checkout was a breeze. The rooms were very comfortable and plenty of room. Keep in mind it's more like a mini suite with a sleeping area separate from the living area. The mini kitchen had all one needed including microwave, refrigerator, small stove, sink, etc. There was the typical in room coffee available. The breakfast, which was included, was fine. Nothing fancy but it served its purpose and plenty of coffee as well. I certainly liked the free wifi included. Many other large chains can learn from this as this is one of the most important amenities for the business traveler. All in all it was a pleasant stay and would certainly recommend this hotel for any business traveler.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room. Since all the door are outside, including the steps, it's best t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Anthony_Best, Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you with a quick check-in/out and that you found the room to be comfortable. I am very happy to know that you will recommend us to fellow travelers. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a fine hotel staff are friendly and you're only 1.3 miles to Metro into Washington, DC!!
There is a mall with couple of miles with all of the usual Chain Restuarants so something for everyone.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so get ready to walk stairs our room was on third floor and you access it fro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you review of your recent stay. I appreciate you positive remarks regarding our location and amenities. For your next stay please request a first floor suite and we would be happy to accommodate you so that an elevator is not need.
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hyatt House before and found it quite charming. This past time of staying at the Hyatt House I found that they have remodeled the rooms. They are much nicer and more modern in their design. The front desk agent was very sweet and welcomed me to the afternoon "social" which was ok but I found that the staff was very knowledgeable about the area and gave great tips on things for me to do that would fit my budget and interests. I love the fact that the rooms feel like you are in your own house compared to being in a hotel I will say it is a great change from seeing the same model time and time again. One bad thing is that there are no elevators it is an all exterior hotel.... let me break that one down for you all... For those who don't travel all that much this means that you have to walk outside.... All in all it is a great stay the staff treats you like family and are very helpful and friendly. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: I love the corner rooms they have more windows
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, staff & services! I am pleased to hear that our staff takes care of you during your stay. We have a great staff and our goal is to make you feel comfortable and at home. It's nice to hear that we did our job! Unfortunately, due to the property having an exterior layout and less than 4 floors, an elevator isn't really needed. However, if you need a lower floor suite please, specify it on your next reservation. Our staff will be more than happy to honor your request. We appreciate your feed back and we hope to see you soon on your next trip.

-Sandra Stulen
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

For the price, this hotel was great. The location was fine - easy to find and in a safe area. Check-in was a breeze - the front desk staff was wonderful, very efficient and friendly. In fact, all the staff people we encountered during our stay were very polite, helpful, and pleasant. The room (a suite, really) was very spacious and included a nice kitchen and living area - it was more than enough space for the two of us. The room was updated and pleasantly decorated, and most importantly, everything was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the soundproofing was good, which made for a good night's sleep. The fitness room was very small, but adequate for a quick workout. The basketball court on the premises was nice, and you can borrow a ball from the front desk if you like. A breakfast buffet was included with the stay, but the food quality and selection was mediocre at best. The hot items were largely overcooked and very dry from sitting around, and there weren't many different items to choose from. However, the food was free, plentiful, and edible, so can't really complain. All in all, it was a very pleasant stay, and I wouldn't hesitate to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I would first like to extend a big thank you for your response, I would like to say that we train all of our front desk staff to be kind, helpful, respectful and professional at all times. I am pleased that you enjoyed you stay in our large suites, The rooms were renovated this year and I see you noticed the updates. I am sadden that the breakfast was "mediocre" and "overcooked" I do apologize for the poor selection. I am however pleased to say that we will be renovating the lobby area in the early winter of 2013 and with the renovation comes better breakfast options and carefully prepared hot breakfast selections. I know that this would happen after your stay with us but we do hope that you will come and visit us again soon to see the exciting new changes.

Too far from home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year before the renovations. The renovations were well done. I like the full kitchen. Extremely polite staff. The exterior of the building needs $1+ million for repairs. The breakfast is nothing to write about.

The bottom line... average.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello, I do appreciate and thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. I disappointed that we did not offer you a better breakfast experience, I know that breakfast is very important to all of our guest and it helps you get the day started. I am pleased to inform you that the second part of our renovation will take place Jan-March 2013 and this will be our lobby renovation. With the lobby renovation we will be changing our food selections and improving what is being served to our guest. I do hope you will return to see the new food items as well the improved ones as well. Finally, the exterior of our hotel has raised concern and I can assure you that there are plans to fix and replace the exterior wood.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been there many time. Very clean rooms, cleaner than some of the fancy expensive hotels. Just renovated all the rooms. Full kitchen (if you use it). Good breakfast. The mattresses are a little soft for me, I prefer harder mattresses (but it might good for you). Very polite staff. And for that price, it is all GOOD!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for those kind words about our hotel, We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and politeness of our staff. I would also like to thank you for the comparison of the more "expensive" hotels in our area, even though we are not one of those hotels we still like offer exceptional service and comfortable suites.

utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I (husband and 3 adult kids) stayed here during our recent trip to Washington, D.C. We loved this hotel. The front desk, especially Anthony, were great to give us directions, tips, and a ride to the metro station. The breakfast was great and the evening reception saved us so much on food. We would definitely stay here again.

We had a car the whole time so we took the metro into D.C. 2 days and 2 days we drove because we were going to Arlington, the Udzy Air and Space Musuem, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello to my new friends from Utah, It was a pleasure to assist you and your family while you visited D.C. Here at the Hyatt house we only want what is best for our guest and I am so pleased that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and evening social hour. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us.

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!