“Better than last year” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Too far from home
“Better than last year”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel last year before the renovations. The renovations were well done. I like the full kitchen. Extremely polite staff. The exterior of the building needs $1+ million for repairs. The breakfast is nothing to write about.

The bottom line... average.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello, I do appreciate and thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. I disappointed that we did not offer you a better breakfast experience, I know that breakfast is very important to all of our guest and it helps you get the day started. I am pleased to inform you that the second part of our renovation will take place Jan-March 2013 and this will be our lobby renovation. With the lobby renovation we will be changing our food selections and improving what is being served to our guest. I do hope you will return to see the new food items as well the improved ones as well. Finally, the exterior of our hotel has raised concern and I can assure you that there are plans to fix and replace the exterior wood.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've been there many time. Very clean rooms, cleaner than some of the fancy expensive hotels. Just renovated all the rooms. Full kitchen (if you use it). Good breakfast. The mattresses are a little soft for me, I prefer harder mattresses (but it might good for you). Very polite staff. And for that price, it is all GOOD!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for those kind words about our hotel, We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and politeness of our staff. I would also like to thank you for the comparison of the more "expensive" hotels in our area, even though we are not one of those hotels we still like offer exceptional service and comfortable suites.

utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I (husband and 3 adult kids) stayed here during our recent trip to Washington, D.C. We loved this hotel. The front desk, especially Anthony, were great to give us directions, tips, and a ride to the metro station. The breakfast was great and the evening reception saved us so much on food. We would definitely stay here again.

We had a car the whole time so we took the metro into D.C. 2 days and 2 days we drove because we were going to Arlington, the Udzy Air and Space Musuem, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello to my new friends from Utah, It was a pleasure to assist you and your family while you visited D.C. Here at the Hyatt house we only want what is best for our guest and I am so pleased that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and evening social hour. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed just one night at this hotel which is a former Summerfield Suites property. The room was a full suite with separate walk in closet, bathroom, bedroom, living room and kitchen. It was in good condition and the kitchen was adequately equipped. There was also a swimming pool and a small business center which was a life saver when my laptop crashed and would not restart. The staff were helpful and pleasant. There was a good, free breakfast and free wifi for those with a working computer. The tarriff is very reasonable for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Our location is typically a positive for people staying here on extended stay as we are located in a nice residential area away from areas that may be noisier for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been in the DC area shopping for houses and needed a place with a kitchen to accommodate the needs of our 2 year old son. We tried 2 places before we were lucky enough to locate the Hyatt House. Each unit is a small apartment with it's own entrance, which was huge for us with a baby. The serve breakfast and dinner, there is a pool and a basketball court, plenty of free parking, free internet, and the staff could not have been any more helpful. There is a grocery store literally across the street, so you can stock up your kitchen. The king size bed felt great, it was clean and modern. I really can't say enough. It was perfect for us, and an extremely good price. I know we will have to travel back to the area, and we won't hesitate to book there again.
My only issue was I did not find it sooner, as in...it did not come up the first few times I searched for executive suites in Google. I hope they advertise more robustly, because it's a great place.

Room Tip: The have 3 levels, so if you are lugging a lot of stuff, I suggest a bottom floor, close to the cour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am glad you found us but also wish you found us earlier. The hotel has made a lot of improvements over the past year and we will continue to make more. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again in the near future.

Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect. Can't say much more than that. Clean, clean clean, spacious, comfortable and great location. Our only exception was that the bed was too soft; we prefer a firmer mattress. Would definitely look for a Hyatt House for our next road trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your past stay here. We look forward to providing excellent hospitality for you in the future.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was great. We stayed for one night for my boyfriends birthday. It was great to have all of the space and it was a beautiful and very clean suite. The double door room with plush king sized bed and "granite" counter kitchen was an added perk and when we checked in the staff was extremely nice. And then, there were the stink bugs...

When we came back from dinner they were everywhere. On the bed. In all of the windows. On the walls. In the kitchen. We removed 20 + in about 15 minutes and another 10 not too long after. We understand it's stink bug season, but the amount was excessive. After calling the front desk, they sent the House Keeping Manager to the room to remove more, but we told him at that point we had removed most of them but more should be done to keep them out of guest rooms. We were promptly told "they can't hurt you" with an attitude, and we promptly asked if they would like sleeping with bugs and he said "NO" and pretty much left doing nothing but leaving a bad attitude and saying there was nothing they could do to control it and it was out of the companies hands.

The next morning at breakfast, we met again and while he said good morning and how are you with a smile, it couldn't make up for the way he responded to our complaint the night before. Overall, a good experience and I might stay again...but sometime when my room isn't crawling with stink bugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am terribly sorry that the stink bugs made an impact in your stay. This year they have seemed to hit us worse than in years past. We have proactively done as much as we can at the hotel to keep them from being an issue. Unfortunately being an exterior property the it seems as though each time the door opens another is able to go in the room. We will continue to look into ways to make improvements in how we handle stink bugs.

Shaune Johnson

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!