“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
utah
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family and I (husband and 3 adult kids) stayed here during our recent trip to Washington, D.C. We loved this hotel. The front desk, especially Anthony, were great to give us directions, tips, and a ride to the metro station. The breakfast was great and the evening reception saved us so much on food. We would definitely stay here again.

We had a car the whole time so we took the metro into D.C. 2 days and 2 days we drove because we were going to Arlington, the Udzy Air and Space Musuem, etc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Anthony_Best, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello to my new friends from Utah, It was a pleasure to assist you and your family while you visited D.C. Here at the Hyatt house we only want what is best for our guest and I am so pleased that you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and evening social hour. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back with us.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed just one night at this hotel which is a former Summerfield Suites property. The room was a full suite with separate walk in closet, bathroom, bedroom, living room and kitchen. It was in good condition and the kitchen was adequately equipped. There was also a swimming pool and a small business center which was a life saver when my laptop crashed and would not restart. The staff were helpful and pleasant. There was a good, free breakfast and free wifi for those with a working computer. The tarriff is very reasonable for the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012

Our location is typically a positive for people staying here on extended stay as we are located in a nice residential area away from areas that may be noisier for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been in the DC area shopping for houses and needed a place with a kitchen to accommodate the needs of our 2 year old son. We tried 2 places before we were lucky enough to locate the Hyatt House. Each unit is a small apartment with it's own entrance, which was huge for us with a baby. The serve breakfast and dinner, there is a pool and a basketball court, plenty of free parking, free internet, and the staff could not have been any more helpful. There is a grocery store literally across the street, so you can stock up your kitchen. The king size bed felt great, it was clean and modern. I really can't say enough. It was perfect for us, and an extremely good price. I know we will have to travel back to the area, and we won't hesitate to book there again.
My only issue was I did not find it sooner, as in...it did not come up the first few times I searched for executive suites in Google. I hope they advertise more robustly, because it's a great place.

Room Tip: The have 3 levels, so if you are lugging a lot of stuff, I suggest a bottom floor, close to the cour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am glad you found us but also wish you found us earlier. The hotel has made a lot of improvements over the past year and we will continue to make more. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again in the near future.

Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect. Can't say much more than that. Clean, clean clean, spacious, comfortable and great location. Our only exception was that the bed was too soft; we prefer a firmer mattress. Would definitely look for a Hyatt House for our next road trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your past stay here. We look forward to providing excellent hospitality for you in the future.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was great. We stayed for one night for my boyfriends birthday. It was great to have all of the space and it was a beautiful and very clean suite. The double door room with plush king sized bed and "granite" counter kitchen was an added perk and when we checked in the staff was extremely nice. And then, there were the stink bugs...

When we came back from dinner they were everywhere. On the bed. In all of the windows. On the walls. In the kitchen. We removed 20 + in about 15 minutes and another 10 not too long after. We understand it's stink bug season, but the amount was excessive. After calling the front desk, they sent the House Keeping Manager to the room to remove more, but we told him at that point we had removed most of them but more should be done to keep them out of guest rooms. We were promptly told "they can't hurt you" with an attitude, and we promptly asked if they would like sleeping with bugs and he said "NO" and pretty much left doing nothing but leaving a bad attitude and saying there was nothing they could do to control it and it was out of the companies hands.

The next morning at breakfast, we met again and while he said good morning and how are you with a smile, it couldn't make up for the way he responded to our complaint the night before. Overall, a good experience and I might stay again...but sometime when my room isn't crawling with stink bugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am terribly sorry that the stink bugs made an impact in your stay. This year they have seemed to hit us worse than in years past. We have proactively done as much as we can at the hotel to keep them from being an issue. Unfortunately being an exterior property the it seems as though each time the door opens another is able to go in the room. We will continue to look into ways to make improvements in how we handle stink bugs.

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Wife and I stayed two days here to get away from kids and catch up. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the Torrefazione coffee rocked! Admittedly, the coffee is one of the things I love most about Hyatts. I am a coffee snob, true confession.

The only disappointment was the squishy mattress. We woke in pain each morning and felt 10 years older.

The location is very convenient to expressways, restaurants and grocery stores. I'm a local, but I'll bet this place is a gem for folks visiting DC that don't want to pay DC hotel prices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed our coffee as I also can appreciate a good cup of coffee. We look forward to having you and your wife stay at the hotel in the near future.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a 26 day stay at this Gaithersburg location, I must say it went very smooth. Upon checking in, we met one of the most personable people you could ever wish to meet, Phillip Kirton, an asset to Hyatt. The staff was always friendly, addressing us by our names, and always taking care of any of our needs, a high standard that we have found true of Hyatt Hotels in the past.
We had a two bedroom for a few days and then switched to a one bedroom when we had some guests leave. Both rooms were extremely clean and upgraded nicely. To name a few details in the room: granite counters, stainless appliances, full stove/oven, microwave, large showers with Moen shower heads, goose down cover with clean sheets, flat screen tv's in the living and bedroom, comfortable bed and pillows, plenty of room and very quiet.
The hotel offers a daily breakfast buffet and a 5X a week social happy hour. There were a lot of choices to choose from everyday and again, when Phillip worked he was social with everyone and always asked if you needed anything so you didn't have to get up, this man went above and beyond what I would expect from staff.
The house keepers were great, even the maintenance man came immediately when we had a minor issue. The grounds are well kept with beautiful flowers and trees, plenty of parking, gas grills for use anytime of the year with supplied grilling tools, nice in ground pool with hot tub and plenty of chairs.
We felt like our room was our apartment, I don't know of any other hotel that offers this much at a fair price with such high quality amenities and service. If we had to stay again, without a doubt we would; I have full faith in the Hyatt name thanks to the Gaithersburg Hyatt House.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21(one bedroom) and 23 (2 bedroom) which is in the main building, just up the stai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

I am glad that Phillip was able to meet and exceed your expectations, I will share your lovely comments with him. All of our guest rooms have been updated and I am glad you noticed the attention to detail in the new rooms. We look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Shaune Johnson

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!