“Wish we had booked it earlier...” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wish we had booked it earlier...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been in the DC area shopping for houses and needed a place with a kitchen to accommodate the needs of our 2 year old son. We tried 2 places before we were lucky enough to locate the Hyatt House. Each unit is a small apartment with it's own entrance, which was huge for us with a baby. The serve breakfast and dinner, there is a pool and a basketball court, plenty of free parking, free internet, and the staff could not have been any more helpful. There is a grocery store literally across the street, so you can stock up your kitchen. The king size bed felt great, it was clean and modern. I really can't say enough. It was perfect for us, and an extremely good price. I know we will have to travel back to the area, and we won't hesitate to book there again.
My only issue was I did not find it sooner, as in...it did not come up the first few times I searched for executive suites in Google. I hope they advertise more robustly, because it's a great place.

Room Tip: The have 3 levels, so if you are lugging a lot of stuff, I suggest a bottom floor, close to the cour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am glad you found us but also wish you found us earlier. The hotel has made a lot of improvements over the past year and we will continue to make more. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again in the near future.

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect. Can't say much more than that. Clean, clean clean, spacious, comfortable and great location. Our only exception was that the bed was too soft; we prefer a firmer mattress. Would definitely look for a Hyatt House for our next road trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your past stay here. We look forward to providing excellent hospitality for you in the future.

Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was great. We stayed for one night for my boyfriends birthday. It was great to have all of the space and it was a beautiful and very clean suite. The double door room with plush king sized bed and "granite" counter kitchen was an added perk and when we checked in the staff was extremely nice. And then, there were the stink bugs...

When we came back from dinner they were everywhere. On the bed. In all of the windows. On the walls. In the kitchen. We removed 20 + in about 15 minutes and another 10 not too long after. We understand it's stink bug season, but the amount was excessive. After calling the front desk, they sent the House Keeping Manager to the room to remove more, but we told him at that point we had removed most of them but more should be done to keep them out of guest rooms. We were promptly told "they can't hurt you" with an attitude, and we promptly asked if they would like sleeping with bugs and he said "NO" and pretty much left doing nothing but leaving a bad attitude and saying there was nothing they could do to control it and it was out of the companies hands.

The next morning at breakfast, we met again and while he said good morning and how are you with a smile, it couldn't make up for the way he responded to our complaint the night before. Overall, a good experience and I might stay again...but sometime when my room isn't crawling with stink bugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

I am terribly sorry that the stink bugs made an impact in your stay. This year they have seemed to hit us worse than in years past. We have proactively done as much as we can at the hotel to keep them from being an issue. Unfortunately being an exterior property the it seems as though each time the door opens another is able to go in the room. We will continue to look into ways to make improvements in how we handle stink bugs.

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My Wife and I stayed two days here to get away from kids and catch up. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the Torrefazione coffee rocked! Admittedly, the coffee is one of the things I love most about Hyatts. I am a coffee snob, true confession.

The only disappointment was the squishy mattress. We woke in pain each morning and felt 10 years older.

The location is very convenient to expressways, restaurants and grocery stores. I'm a local, but I'll bet this place is a gem for folks visiting DC that don't want to pay DC hotel prices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am glad you enjoyed our coffee as I also can appreciate a good cup of coffee. We look forward to having you and your wife stay at the hotel in the near future.

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

After a 26 day stay at this Gaithersburg location, I must say it went very smooth. Upon checking in, we met one of the most personable people you could ever wish to meet, Phillip Kirton, an asset to Hyatt. The staff was always friendly, addressing us by our names, and always taking care of any of our needs, a high standard that we have found true of Hyatt Hotels in the past.
We had a two bedroom for a few days and then switched to a one bedroom when we had some guests leave. Both rooms were extremely clean and upgraded nicely. To name a few details in the room: granite counters, stainless appliances, full stove/oven, microwave, large showers with Moen shower heads, goose down cover with clean sheets, flat screen tv's in the living and bedroom, comfortable bed and pillows, plenty of room and very quiet.
The hotel offers a daily breakfast buffet and a 5X a week social happy hour. There were a lot of choices to choose from everyday and again, when Phillip worked he was social with everyone and always asked if you needed anything so you didn't have to get up, this man went above and beyond what I would expect from staff.
The house keepers were great, even the maintenance man came immediately when we had a minor issue. The grounds are well kept with beautiful flowers and trees, plenty of parking, gas grills for use anytime of the year with supplied grilling tools, nice in ground pool with hot tub and plenty of chairs.
We felt like our room was our apartment, I don't know of any other hotel that offers this much at a fair price with such high quality amenities and service. If we had to stay again, without a doubt we would; I have full faith in the Hyatt name thanks to the Gaithersburg Hyatt House.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21(one bedroom) and 23 (2 bedroom) which is in the main building, just up the stai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

I am glad that Phillip was able to meet and exceed your expectations, I will share your lovely comments with him. All of our guest rooms have been updated and I am glad you noticed the attention to detail in the new rooms. We look forward to having you stay again in the near future.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I never expected to walk into a 3 room apartment when I walked into my suite. You walk into a living room with a small full kitchen off the side. We were on the corner so we had large windows on both sides. The separate bedroom had a large comfy king sized bed with double door closure. There was a vanity outside the bathroom with a marble sink and a walk in closet off that area. The bathroom had a shower (no tub! for those who area looking for a tub) and toilet. The room was extremely clean and large/cozy. It's a shame that I was only there for one night because I would have liked to stay longer. The breakfast was in the lobby which was a separate building, but a minute walk from where the room was located. They had a large variety of foods, and even though they said breakfast went until 10 we got there at 9:15 and they were extremely busy and running out of many of the items. They also didn't restock everything once they ran out of it. There was eggs, potatoes, sausage, and french toast when we got there. They had other things that were empty and never restocked. I also would have liked more than 2 towels in the room. That is a small amount for 2 people. Overall this place was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your review, I am glad you walked into a pleasant surprise upon arrival. Although you enjoyed the room I am sorry that breakfast items ran out and we were unable to refresh many of them in a timely manner for you. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay enough that we will see you again in the near future.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was a really great facility - clean, spacious, with all the amenities and it looks like a good community feeling (evening activities, tennis courts, and basketball). We had a two-room suite with a small kitchen. The beds were very comfortable and the towels were the softest I've experienced in a hotel in a long time. Unfortunately we only stayed for one night so we didn't really get to experience all the amenities. The property was also very conveniently located for getting the metro into D.C. The only downside I saw was that the climb to the third floor was a bit strenuous for my father-in-law (and for anyone carrying a lot of luggage).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your past stay with us at the hotel. We are delighted that you even wanted to stay longer as we would've loved having you as well. I hope that you return in the future and hopefully put a face to a name.

Shaune Johnson

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!