“Very Satisfied” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Very Satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Summerfield Suites, they were clean, friendly staff and great rooms!
Would definitely stay again and recommend!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
PPotter3,

Thank you for your response! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel with us and we look forward to weloming you to our hotel again for another GREAT stay.

Shaune Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Our soccer travel team stayed this past weekend at this Hyatt and it was FANTASTIC!! The room was very nice and super clean. The bedding smelled like I had washed it myself at home :) The staff was really nice and the girls had a great time out in the basketball court Saturday evening. I hope we can stay here again next year!! Thanks for a friendly, clean, comfortable stay!!

Room Tip: If you have little ones, definitely ask for a ground floor room as there are no elevators and 3 floo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Tami216,

That's equally "Awesome" that your travel team had a FANTASTIC stay while here at the hotel. This years soccer tournement was an overall success for everyone involved and we would certainly welcome you back next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel is there is every anything else that we can assist you with.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Family of 6 staying in the two bed king suite for soccer tournament...roomy, clean, kitchen well equipped and even saved us money as we were able to prepare meals. The included breakfast was very good. Also nicely located in residential community with grocery store and restaurants close by. The neighboring blocks were very nice and safe for getting in a run as well. Gym was decently equipped too. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Gena,

I'm glad you and your family were able to enjoy your stay while here at the hotel. We have some of the largest rooms in Gaithersburg allowing you and your family to stretch out over a long weekend. I hope your daughter's team performed well during the tournement.

New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I want to thank everyone for the hospitality, the smiles, the quick response and the wine..oh yes the wine. My husband and I were part of the disaster relief team which arrived on the east coast following Hurricane Irene. We were exhausted when we arrived and we were immediately made to feel at home by Phil as he greeted us at 4:30am. We were at the hotel for a month and never got tired of being there. Mary had this smile which made you feel like you could never have a care in the world. Phil loved the guests and you could just feel his warmth and concern for your well being. Then there was Anthony, always Mr. GQ, groomed to perfection with a bright smile and desire to make it all just perfect. What a treat. Thanks to everyone, for the hot food in the morning and evening, the coffee, the beer and oh yes the wine.
Our bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of space to do our work and get out of each others way when the stress of the job got to be too much. Marriage in tact job done we are headed back to New Mexico. Husband is driving and I am writing on my I-Pad to say thank you all to the wonderful staff and management for making our difficult job easier. Just
wish I drank..it did look great. Oh..I do have one complaint...how does the staff at a hotel put
the disaster team in room 9/11. Great job LOL. Thanks again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we here at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites do our absolute best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We take great pride in making all our guests whether its 1 night or 30 nights feel like they are at home. Hurricane Irene certainly made things tough in these parts but I am glad our service was able to shine through even in the worst of storms.

Lake Ridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My company held a training seminar and I was booked to stay here for a period of two weeks. I had a great time. It was my first time to the area and when I met my hotel host, Phil, I was very impressed. He told me all about the area and what local restaurants were close. He directed me to the local grocery store and was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. He invited me to the evening "social" and was always greeting me with a smile and a warm welcome. My room was very clean and comfortable and I really enjoyed my stay. It gave me a better impression of my company that this is where they choose to do business. Quite more than I expected!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Jules,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your 2 week stay here with us at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites. Phil (Mr. DC) is truly an assest of the hotel and he acts as our resident concierge. I will certainly share your comments with him. I am glad you enjoyed evening social as it is my favorite time during the day as well. From the complimentary beer and wine, to the appetizers, soups and salad Mon-Thurs it is a great way for us at the hotel to interact with guests. I certainly wish you the best with your new company and hope training was a breeze.

Huntington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

First of course are the very nice rooms, all suites as comfortable and outfitted like your home, you are not lacking anything as stated in all of the other reviews. Special to me was they provided my favorite toothpaste, Aquafresh. The grounds and settings are very nice and inviting, you can really relax and these folks care and make sure you have a stress-less stay. The breakfast allows you to get a great start on your day without waisting time and in the evening a wonderful happy couple of hours with satisfying munchies, beer, wine and soft drinks. I am amazed at how well this made me feel and the money and time it saved, I am really hooked on this feeling.

Most importantly was the personal service provided to me and our group. We had week long meetings at NIST the National Institute of Standards and Testing about 3 miles away. All of the international group which meets once per year in locations all over the world were amazed at the value, convenience and services provided, rating it the best meeting we have had. This was possible because of the very efficient and accommodating shuttle service they provided, a very important reason we decided to stay at the Hyatt Summerfield. They front desk people were amazing at check-in and provided excellent information about local restaurants and transportation options into the District. Mary at the front desk is one of thosse special people you remember because of her dedication and engaging personality who truely cares about the hotel customers and their well being and experience. To everyone at the hotel, Job Well Done! and I appreciated your services and product.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Shaune_Johnson, General Manager at HYATT house Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Stan,

I am certainly please that you and your team enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I have shared your positive comments with my team and Mary walked away with a large smile on her face! It is refreshing when a guest takes time out of their day to write a positive review of the hotel and as the General Manager I love sharing this feedback with my team. Thank you again for your comments and I am glad we were able to make your stay here stress-less.

East TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My first visit to a Summerfield Suites Hotel. Impressed with the facility, staff, and services. I will return.

Room Tip: Rooms are not connected and it was raining! The only downside!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us as you discovered "A New Experience!" In the future please request a room in our guest house so that you are able to eliminate Mother Nature from ensuring you have an even better stay.

Shaune Johnson

Been to HYATT house Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!