“Best place in Rio” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Copper Canyon Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 274 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Welcome to Copper Canyon Grill Restaurants where you’ll enjoy full flavored, fresh American cuisine served in a casual, energetic atmosphere.
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Best place in Rio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by this place after a night at the movies. CC Grill is a very popular place for Rio goers. Probably the only 'upscale' restaurant there. Usually, there's a substantial wait to get seated, but around an hour and a half before closing everything slows down and you can be seated fast.
We sat at the bar and were taken care by a great bartender there. Signature cocktails are $8-9 and we particularly enjoyed "Summer Tea" and "D.C. Tea" - their variations of LIIT.
Their food was good. I cannot say that it was excellent, because each of our dishes came out very bland. By that I mean total lack of spices. I don't know whether it's their "thing", but every one I saw were using salt&pepper shakers. While my rack of ribs' blandness could be offset by a bbq sauce on a side, my gf's catch-of-the-day was nothing to write home about in terms of taste. That's too bad because the texture and sides were just perfect. So, beware when you order. I will definitely go there again, but if the food comes out bland like that, I will definitely ask to speak to a manager. Those things were $26 a pop and lack of right spices almost ruins the dish.

• Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“A good time with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Ate here with a large group of colleagues after work. The service was really excellent, as we were waited on by 2 people, so our needs did not go unnoticed. We had a good sampling of the appetizers and then a wonderful dinner afterward. I must advise that everyone orders the bread pudding for dinner. It was the best I've ever had! I couldn't stop eating it. The only drawback of the evening was that with our large party, we sat in a large booth because they did not have any large tables in the restaurant. We were quite squeezed in our booth together. Otherwise, good dinner!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Maine
“They Know How To Treat You Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

They know how to treat you right at the Copper Canyon Grill....when the wait for a table stretched out longer than the 20 minutes the hostess anticipated and the 7 month old in our arms was getting cranky...the manager stepped in before we were seated and offered complimentary appetizers. Once at our table, Eva, our server, appeared with a big smile and took control. She knew what had been promised and took care of things, drinks and good food appeared. During our dinner, another member of the staff even observed the 7 month old's chew toys ending up on the floor under the table and offered to take them to the kitchen and rinse them off. Wow! Topper was Eva noticing that one entree had barely been touched and when it turned out it had not lived up to the Copper Canyon's standards was promptly removed from the bill. We were all impressed! And don't miss the valet parking...beats trying to find a parking place in that packed garage! Kudos to Copper Canyon Grill!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant was so enjoyable and the food/wait staff were awesome. My daughter lives in Maryland and goes here quite often. I was certainly glad she took us here on our visit. The location is full of things to do and is family friendly. Will certainly go back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Good Food and Stellar Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the Copper Canyon Grill in Gaithersburg today. It was our first experience there and we were impressed when our server, Becky, emphasized that the staff worked as a team; anyone would be happy to respond to our needs.

We decided to share our order and told Becky we would like to split a beer, order two appetizers, and share the tuna burger and fries. At other restaurants, we have been brought our order and a clean plate so we could do the division ourselves, so imagine our delight when Becky returned with two ice-cold glasses of beer, beautifully plated appetizers, and two dishes each with half of a tuna burger and fries! In fact, I am convinced that we actually received more fries than we would have normally because the presentation was hearty.

The food was outstanding. Our appetizer, scallops wrapped in bacon, was succulent and the tuna was cooked perfectly. The fries were seasoned and delicious.

And Becky wasn't kidding -- our water glasses were filled by whomever passed by, our satisfaction was checked in an attentive, but not nagging sort of way, and the hostess even jumped up to open the door for us on our way out.

A great experience. We will be back.

• Visited April 2013