“Great food & friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 273 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Persian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great food & friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had been wanting to try an "authentic" giro for a long time, and something about the store front said that this is not just another Middle Eastern place. I was right! When I entered, I was immediately greeted by a young man, asking if he could help me. I asked him some questions about the food, which he explained quite easily. I then ordered a giro. He asked me if I wanted french fries and I said, "not really" (I really didn't want the calories). He said, sure, no problem.
10 minutes later, out came my homemad giro. The flaveor was great, and it was plenty to eat. Everyone I had contact with (the young man, who I belive was the owner's son), and the owner himself, could not have been nicer. I'll definitely return w/ some friends of mine.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Love It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

5 of Us wanted to eat the Indian/Pakistani food and we checked the tripadvisor and read the mixed reviews, We decided to check this out by ourselves. We walked in a crowded dining hall and helped ourselves to be seated. To our Surprise, with in five minutes a friendly face with welcoming smile showed up, Helped us to go through the Menu and suggested us few things.
We Ordered Seekh Kabaabs, Chicken Karahi, Goat Biryani, Mango Lassi and Palak Gosht and we weren't expecting that food will be out in short time but food was out in less than 20 minutes, Freshly made food and steam was coming out of it, when it was served. They gave us Mint Yogurt and fresh garden salad along with Tandoori Naans, Seekh Kabaabs were just great, nicely spiced and perfectly cooked and not too dry and placed an other order. Chicken Karahi was very tasty. Goat Biryani was awesome and Mango lassi was heavnly, Fresh Naans were so delicious .............. Plus the Service was fabulous. The came to our table and served us few things by himself and talked to us for few minuets, Its not that common.
Really a neat place.
We just loved it and will be back soon.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We thought we walked into the wrong restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I saw this place had a bunch of mixed reviews and we were coming in from out of town so didn't know where to go. We liked the price as our trael budget was thin anyway and since it was a buffet, the kids could have choices and we weren't stuck eating mcdonalds (again). When we got there it looked like almost nothing and we stepped back outside to double check the sign to make sure we walked in the right door. No customers, just a person behind the counter. We went back in (although that was our first mistake) and it smelled delicious so we decided to not judge a book by its cover and give it a shot. You have heard of the saying about a dog that his bark is worse than his bite? Well here the smell was was better than the taste. Flavor wise the food was either over spiced, had little hard bits in it that I have to assume were bones from the chicken, and overall this was not a good experience. I would recommend families looking for buffets go to other places if you want your meal to be nice.

• Visited September 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, MD
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

I can't understand how this could be the best restaurant in Gaithersburg. Maybe the best of a certain ethic group but not for the majority of people. The food was adequate. The price was fair.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food. Great variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

Just finished lunch. We are Israelis so we know our way around middle eastern food. Silver spoon had great food period. Good simple Hindu/Pakistani food.

Go for the buffet.