“Great Hotel in an Excellent Location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Romeo, Michigan
“Great Hotel in an Excellent Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel was great! You have the huge shopping complex and boardwalk right next door, which provides all of your dining and entertainment. Also, the room that I stayed in was great! It had a small living room area with a pullout couch, a small kitchen area, and a nice size sleeping area. The pool is average size for a hotel, but was warm. You are also close to Washington and the Beltway. Without a doubt, I will stay in this location again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wethersfield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

Traveled for Thanksgiving with spouse, nanny & three kids. Had 2 "suite" rooms. The "suites" are really just bedrooms with a sitting area/kitchenette adjacent. The indoor pool (lifeguard, limited hours Mon - Fri) and included breakfast made it an excellent value for our family. We noticed hockey tournament families on the weekend so it is probably not reliably quiet or romantic. Fitness room is 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bench, a balance ball and some handweights. Very good and attentive staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

The building where my room was located had a very strong smell of cooking onions that permeated all the way into my room. The next morning the smell was still present and I hope I didn't smell like that as I headed off to my business meeting.
The heating unit in my room was broken as well, with a noisy fan running all night long that I couldn't turn off.
The clerk at checkout was dismissive of my complaints - no empathy there at all. I would definitely recommend staying somewhere else in the are.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

This hotel is okay, but far from great. The price is not much different to the Hilton, Gaithersburg and the Hyatt Summerfield Suites in Gaithersburg, both of which I've stayed at before and which are better.

Here is what I didn't like:
- Room layout. Doesn't feel like a suite. Cramped. Air conditioning unit right next to the bed (and it's noisy). TV shared between lounge/bedroom.
- Air conditioning unit. Very old. You cannot select temperature, just heat/cold between 1 - 10.
- Internet access -- slow.
- Bed. Pillows were flat and shapeless.
- Traffic noise. My room overlooked some motor way and there was constant traffic noise.

The 'suite' has a mini-kitchen, but it has no plates or cutlery - just a mini-fridge, microwave and small sink.

I was working night-shift so requested that my room be cleaned first thing in the morning. I arrived back at the hotel at 9:30am and it had not been cleaned.

I did like the bed-side radio as it is also an iPod/iPhone dock (although it wasn't working the first night, but when I told the night-shift manager he did get it fixed very quickly).

Ultimately it is not a terrible hotel, but also there is nothing really good about it. In my opinion and experience, you'll get far better value at other area hotels.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Murrysville, PA USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

The good: Location The bad: Room layout The ugly: Quality of sleep

Look, I wasn't expecting luxury here. I have stayed at the Courtyard just down the road and it was much better, but more expensive. The location is good. The Washingtonian Center has a lot to offer. This hotel is on the very edge of the complex, so it is a bit of walk to get to the thick of things. But it is a nice walk on a nice evening.

When I read previous reviews complaining about the room layout, I wondered how bad it could be. It was pretty bad. I would not have a problem with TV on a swivel between the sitting and sleeping areas, but it really intrudes on the space of both areas. Plus, you cannot see the TV from some parts of the bed, anyway. Just not a good arrangement. The bathroom is a decent size and was clean.

The breakfast starts a little late (6:30) for business travelers and I did not try it because was out of the hotel by 6:15.

Unfortunately, I did not sleep well either night I was there. This was due to two things. The first is that the mattress was not comfortable at all. There were many lumps and divots from previous guests and I could not find a good position for sleeping. But the worst was the room ventilation system. It was right next to the bed and it was LOUD. Even just in fan mode, it was incredibly loud. Perhaps if it were not right next to the bed, it would not have been so bad.

My bottom line is that this is a nice enough place in a great location, but if you want to sleep in your hotel room, find another place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and loved my stay! room was very comfortable, clean and cosy. there is a swimming pool downstairs so definitely bring your swimsuit, there is fitness room to work out and laundry area what is very convenient for longer stay.
staff is very friendly and HELPFULL! after my business trip when I got home I noticed that I left my headphones at the hotel room so I emailed the hotel asking if it is there and they have mailed me my headphones by ups air! I was impressed! not that many hotels would do it for you nowadays.
if you are planning to stay in Gaithersburg pick SpringHill Suites!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

Two perfect storms: 400 Boy Scouts in for their 100th anniversary jamboree and a power outage converged to make our stay more than memorable. The staff kept its cool in the face of it all. It wasn't the quietest time, what with 400 boys running around in the dark, but the rooms are great, the beds comfy, the place immaculate, and breakfast was more than just the usual. You must try the oatmeal with brown sugar, almonds, and raisins you can add to make it uniquely yours. It's that sort of touch that places this hotel one step above some of the other lower budget places.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!