“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The room was nice and cozy. Not very roomy but accommodates 2 people who travel lightly. The hot breakfast was offered but we missed it. There are plenty of amenities to enjoy at this property. Also the shopping and eateries are in very close proximity. Nice area as well.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

On a grading system just an average place to stay (C). Breakfast was average. There was very little fresh fruit and out of fat free milk several days. I had to ask the maid for shampoo as I was staying several days. Should you have to ask. AC unit very noisy. Pool is closed more than open. Would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Steve O, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Mike_SM768FH, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us, and I want to reassure you that I have spoken to both my Housekeeping and Breakfast teams to address the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. I hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future to show you how great our customer service really is and how much we pride ourselves in our customer service.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The night clerk was very courteous and helped with the bags.the room was nice and cozy but kinda made awkward sort of speak .But overall I would recommend the hotel and return here whenever I'm on this area on business. Great nights stay .

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
South Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

In Maryland for a youth basketball tournament. The team stayed at this hotel which was very nice and seemed newer. It’s right off the main highway (270) which makes it easy to get to any of the local tourist sites.

It’s a short walk to the Washingtonian Center, with restaurants and stores located around a man-made lake. They also had bands playing outside. And if you want to drive there, the parking is free! This was a nice plus being so close to the SpringHill Suites.

Pros
• Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful
• Cleaning staff did a great job and were friendly
• Very clean hotel. Lobby looked open, airy and new. Clean rugs in hallways.
• Rooms are large, clean, with comfortable beds
• Clean bathroom that looked new
• AC unit worked well
• Nice (small) pool with hot tub. Plenty of towels
• Free continental breakfast. Simple but good.
• Free wifi
• Free USAToday
• Lots to do in the area, with good restaurants and shopping.
• Elevator response times were very good.

Cons
None!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Spent great weekend at this hotel. Room was clean and spacious. Staff was VERY nice and helpful. The bed was a bit too soft but I know that it is difficult to find a happy medium to satisfy all customers. Was disappointed that this and other Springhill Suites no longer let you make fresh waffles. Otherwise, breakfast had variety and was good. I liked the 2 televisions for watching from the sitting area or when in bed. Although I did not find it romantic, charming, or trendy, it is a VERY nice hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The Rio Center is minutes a way with numerous places to eat, theaters, shopping, and more.

Room Tip: The area of the hotel is quiet and the ice machines are in a separate room beside the elevators. Pr...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff here very professional Sean the operatations manager made me feel at home very nice young guy he is an asset to this property. Great Stay . I would recommend this hotel came down on a company meeting.The location was great movies stores we had an choice of places to eat the front desk gave me menus and some great suggestions

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Colorado Springs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the area and this was the worst one. The linens are very thin. The carpet seems old and dirty. The AC unit is a window unit that is extremely noisy and isn't effective in managing the temperature. It was hot and them freezing and hot and freezing. 4 co-workers stayed there with me and in the morning we all said we didn't want to stay there again. I will say, though, that the staff was fantastic. Super nice and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Steve O, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear CSRach, Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with us at the SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg. I am glad to hear that you felt as though our staff provided fantastic service, but am very disappointed to hear about your experience with the linen and air conditioner unit in your room. I want to take a moment to apologize for the experience you had. You're a valued customer, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Again, I want to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you faced during your stay at the SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg and I am hopeful that you will return again so that we can show you our first class service!

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!