“Very good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at this property often for business over the last 5 years and each visit met or exceeded my expectations. It's the lowest priced of the Marriott brands in the Washintonian complex.

A this price point you get a clean, well appointed room with an additional couch/lounge area. Everything works (including a simple thing ... the stopper in the sink ... amazing how many don't work in even high end hotels). I did not experience the noise from the wall unit mentioned below, although I was not in A/C mode.

The staff is friendly and attentive. Breakfast is more than adequate with plenty to choose from.

I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the Springhill Suites! We hope to see you again soon,

Ginger Bash, GM

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family was vacationing in D.C. We stayed in Alexandria, VA one night and then switched to this hotel because it had a hot tub. We had our own transportation, so getting into D.C. for sight seeing was no problem (took less than 30 minutes). I'm not sure how we would have made it into town otherwise. The hotel was amazing. The service was fantastic and the rooms were spacious and very comfortable. It is situated about three minutes from a wonderful area with shops, restaurants and a large movie theater. We had everything we could want at our fingertips. I'm definitely looking at staying at SpringHill Suites the next time I travel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments! We are delighted to know that our hotel and the nearby Rio Washingtonian Center shops met your needs. The DC area is a fabulous place to vacation, and is reachable from our hotel through the Shady Grove metro. Thanks again and we hope the Springhill Suites will be included in your future travel plans.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here on a weekend night so things were quieter than probably during the week. Very nice staff, helpful, made you feel welcome and local. If you need to be in this area, stay here and you will get very good service.

Attn Marriott: Please upgrade this SHS. The staff and the area deserve it. It was a bit of an adjustment to see the older rooms after being in a good number of upgraded SHS lately.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed a quiet weekend with us at the Springhill Suites. We're glad you found us and look forward to your next visit.

Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I totally enjoyed our 7 night stay at this hotel. We requested a handicap room and received one on the first floor. The staff was most hospitable. The included breakfast was the best that we have had equally one that we had in London. One could take a variety of fresh fruit and yogurt for lunch as well. The coffee was excellent -a choice of Artisan Rich (Strong) medium, or decaf. Tea was also available. I would like to see sugar free dairy choices.
A shopping mall and a choice of many restaurants are within walking distance. Because of the season, the hotel was never full and we had no wait for seating in the very comfortable breakfast seating area. Overall, we give this hotel an excellent rating. In addition, the rates varied on some of our nights. In fact, we had to cancel our planned arrival date and saved $9.00 by switching and adding a new departure by one day. Oh, one also receives a free USA Today .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
We appreciate you sharing a wonderful experience! We're happy you enjoyed the new breakfast options, and had time to interact with our friendly team. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks for choosing the Gaithersburg Springhill Suites,

Ginger Bash, General Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

AC and AC don't know what is it with the AC, they are not just loud but weird. Will turn on with a loud noise and then will run for a minute. Adjust the thermostat one would say guess what I did, but still don't know what's up with the AC. Called the front desk and the overnight agent goes, sorry no maintenance. Beside that nice and clean hotel, staff is really good, management is also very co-operative. If only they can do something about the AC unit in the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the loud AC units, if you are a light sleeper ask for another room. Try to get r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our Springhill Suites. We do apologize for the AC issues, the hotel is replacing each sleeve with a more fitted version to reduce noise and improve performance. We are confident that once the project is complete the issues will be resolved. We hope that you will visit our hotel again in the future!

Readington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stayed in Springhill Suites before and have enjoyed them. This one is clean, comfortable, and quiet, in a nice section of Gaithersburg near the Rio and Washingtonian Center, right off of I370 and I270. I would have liked to have queen beds but the rooms at this hotel come with doubles. Breakfast was decent, but would have liked some variety with the eggs and ability to make fresh waffles. The negative with this stay was plumbing. The toilet in our room would not flush properly and would fill up with water. I alerted the front desk staff of this in the morning with the expectation that it would be repaired by the time I returned back to the room later that evening. When I got back to the room at 10:30 pm my keys would not work. Needless to say I was tired and not happy that I had to travel back down 6 flights to get my keys replaced. When I got to the front desk and described my problem, the clerk was all confused, and even insinuated that I had made reservations only for one night. After a few minutes it was finally figured out that because they could not repair the toilet (they had no one on staff during the weekend who could do this) they decided to move me to the room next door. So back upstairs I went with a new set of keys, and had to move all my belongings (and my family) from the old room to the new. But that's not the end of the story. In the morning when we flushed the toilet in the new room, the toilet again filled up and would not flush properly! And they say lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place. I might stay at this hotel again in the future, but I would hope that before that happens that management makes some effort to ensure that the plumbing in each of their rooms works properly before placing a customer into them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns with our hotel. Preventative maintenance is one of our top priorities, we apologize for the plumbiung issues you experienced. Since then we have removed an obstruction from the main line, thus clearing up all of the pipes in that section. We have shared your comments as a training with our front office staff as well. Thanks and we hope you will try us out again soon,

Seward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites many times in the past two years since my daughter moved to Gaithersburg. The rooms are clean, and when I have had an issue the desk people have been very responsive to my concerns. I miss the waffle machine at breakfast, but overall breakfast is better than average for this sort of service at a hotel. We have stayed other places in the area, but always return to the Springhill Suites when possible.
The exercise room is pretty good.
My most recent stay was September 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our fresh breakfast selections and newly designed fitness center. We appreciate your comments,

Ginger Bash

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!