“Excellent Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Excellent Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I totally enjoyed our 7 night stay at this hotel. We requested a handicap room and received one on the first floor. The staff was most hospitable. The included breakfast was the best that we have had equally one that we had in London. One could take a variety of fresh fruit and yogurt for lunch as well. The coffee was excellent -a choice of Artisan Rich (Strong) medium, or decaf. Tea was also available. I would like to see sugar free dairy choices.
A shopping mall and a choice of many restaurants are within walking distance. Because of the season, the hotel was never full and we had no wait for seating in the very comfortable breakfast seating area. Overall, we give this hotel an excellent rating. In addition, the rates varied on some of our nights. In fact, we had to cancel our planned arrival date and saved $9.00 by switching and adding a new departure by one day. Oh, one also receives a free USA Today .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
We appreciate you sharing a wonderful experience! We're happy you enjoyed the new breakfast options, and had time to interact with our friendly team. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks for choosing the Gaithersburg Springhill Suites,

Ginger Bash, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

AC and AC don't know what is it with the AC, they are not just loud but weird. Will turn on with a loud noise and then will run for a minute. Adjust the thermostat one would say guess what I did, but still don't know what's up with the AC. Called the front desk and the overnight agent goes, sorry no maintenance. Beside that nice and clean hotel, staff is really good, management is also very co-operative. If only they can do something about the AC unit in the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the loud AC units, if you are a light sleeper ask for another room. Try to get r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments on our Springhill Suites. We do apologize for the AC issues, the hotel is replacing each sleeve with a more fitted version to reduce noise and improve performance. We are confident that once the project is complete the issues will be resolved. We hope that you will visit our hotel again in the future!

Readington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stayed in Springhill Suites before and have enjoyed them. This one is clean, comfortable, and quiet, in a nice section of Gaithersburg near the Rio and Washingtonian Center, right off of I370 and I270. I would have liked to have queen beds but the rooms at this hotel come with doubles. Breakfast was decent, but would have liked some variety with the eggs and ability to make fresh waffles. The negative with this stay was plumbing. The toilet in our room would not flush properly and would fill up with water. I alerted the front desk staff of this in the morning with the expectation that it would be repaired by the time I returned back to the room later that evening. When I got back to the room at 10:30 pm my keys would not work. Needless to say I was tired and not happy that I had to travel back down 6 flights to get my keys replaced. When I got to the front desk and described my problem, the clerk was all confused, and even insinuated that I had made reservations only for one night. After a few minutes it was finally figured out that because they could not repair the toilet (they had no one on staff during the weekend who could do this) they decided to move me to the room next door. So back upstairs I went with a new set of keys, and had to move all my belongings (and my family) from the old room to the new. But that's not the end of the story. In the morning when we flushed the toilet in the new room, the toilet again filled up and would not flush properly! And they say lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place. I might stay at this hotel again in the future, but I would hope that before that happens that management makes some effort to ensure that the plumbing in each of their rooms works properly before placing a customer into them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for expressing your concerns with our hotel. Preventative maintenance is one of our top priorities, we apologize for the plumbiung issues you experienced. Since then we have removed an obstruction from the main line, thus clearing up all of the pipes in that section. We have shared your comments as a training with our front office staff as well. Thanks and we hope you will try us out again soon,

Seward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Springhill Suites many times in the past two years since my daughter moved to Gaithersburg. The rooms are clean, and when I have had an issue the desk people have been very responsive to my concerns. I miss the waffle machine at breakfast, but overall breakfast is better than average for this sort of service at a hotel. We have stayed other places in the area, but always return to the Springhill Suites when possible.
The exercise room is pretty good.
My most recent stay was September 2013.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our fresh breakfast selections and newly designed fitness center. We appreciate your comments,

Smyrna, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I second the other reviewer that the AC is extremely loud and it is right near your bed. Hotel was clean and this time we chose a second floor room so that internet connection was not a issue. There were bunch of teenager soccer players on our floor ( I saw five coming out of one room!) and they were very loud even around 9 pm. I wish the hotel can enforce some quiet time policy. Breakfast area is too small for people who wants to eat there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Gaithersburg Springhill Suites. Please accept our apologies for the noise level during your stay with us. We will definitely review our training regarding hotel quiet time. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary Internet service, and hope you sampled the fresh new choices on our breakfast buffet.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This Springhill Suites has been very consistent over the course of numerous visits. It's not luxurious, but it's clean, the bed is comfortable, the wifi works well (and it's free). Ask for rooms not on the highway side, RT 270 can get noisy. Breakfast is ok, they usually have fresh cut fruit, which is a plus.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ginger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel. We strive for the consistent level of cleanliness and guest service. Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback.

Blairstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family. The rooms were clean, beds were so comfortable. We had a small refrigerator and microwave, also a sofa and chair in a separate area. There was also a free continental breakfast, which was very good.

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, thank you!

Ginger Bash

Been to SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!