“Fun to go with the family” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Attractions in Gaithersburg
Attraction Details
Gaithersburg, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
“Fun to go with the family”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I grew up in montgomery county and have been to the fair many many times.

However, I have not been in over 10 years. I now have a young baby and decided to check it out with some friends (for some nostalgia).

The actual carnival portion of the fair is full of scantily clad teenage girls. I do not know how any parent who actually cared let them leave the house.

Anyway, the food was very good. There is a large variety as at most state fairs (fried anything!) and I had some quality food.

The animals are always fun to see, especially for young children. If you have young kids, I would suggest going during the day and staying away from the carnival portion as much as possible/

Visited August 2013

Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Montgomery County Fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's fun for a family visit, tho not exciting -- livestock, produce, etc. It's worth going once or twice.

Gaithersburg, Md.
“Farming in Suburbia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Maryland Agriculture at it's FINEST! Aricultural technology with beautiful farmland amidst well kept and friendly neighborhoods and keeping our community spirit bright and lively!! Come and Enjoy the Animals, our FFA, our Tractor Pulls, our homegrown food, our farmong antiques, our carnival rides and plenty of beautiful animals!! Begins August 9th, 2013

Gaithersburg
11 attraction reviews
“Just a large fair...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Having been raised in 4-H I have gone to many fairs as a competitor, visitor, Judge and for viewing animals. This is a nice large fair.

Rockville, Maryland, United States
7 attraction reviews
“It's smelly animals and country crafts, don't go if you'r not into such.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is an old-fashion county fair with all the associated trappings, animal smells, country kitch, a midway with rides that shoudl probably be condemed and fair-food. If you're not into that old-fashioned stuff, DON'T GO. Personally, I grew up in the deep South and fondly remember county fairs. I enjoy the smells and sounds (still won't ride the midway rides <grin>) and the food is great. It takes me back to my childhood and that's exactly why I go!
One downside to this fair - it is hosted in August, the hottest month of the year in the DC area. The fairgrounds are largely concrete and only a few areas are shaded. Bring a hat, sunscreen and hydration (or be prepared to buy a lot of drinks).