“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I am Colombian and won't be returning. I heard great things about this place. It was described as "the best Colombian food in the DMV area". I found it to be bland and offensive.
The place is clean, location is excellent but the food is just food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Have been going to this rest for some time. Food is excellent; service is good. Nice family atmosphere. And the neighborhood boasts other nice places to visit and enjoy such as coffee houses and movies. You can make it an afternoon trip.

• Visited November 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Colombia in Gaithersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a very nice little restaurant, the atmosphere is very family oriented, you can bring the entire family with you and not worry about ending up in a Spanish cantina. The food is excellent and the prices are reasonable. You should visit this place, you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Couldn't ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm usually picky about what I eat, this was my first experience with Colombian food and I must say I was impressed by the presentation of the "Bandeja Paisa", its variety of food in one plate and the amount of food on it. The meat was tender and juicy, the rice soft and moist, the avocado was fresh, the arepa was a nice treat, the chicharon (pork) was good, and the fried plantains were soft and delicious. I have also tried various different plates like the Tilapia and their fried chicken (Chuleta) all of which were tasty and filling. As a first time and picky eater, Colombian Breeze gets my 100% approval!

• Visited July 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Won't be coming back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

-The waitress was a bit rude.
-They were out of most of the things we wanted to order. (I mean...really???)
-There were items in the menu that were not an option anymore...I mean, they removed the item from their restaurant offering options, but forgot to update their menus.
-The food was over priced in my opinion...but I guess that is a common occurrence around here.
-They closed the restaurant while we were inside (at about 6:00 pm), and before their regular business time (8:00 pm) because ..."our feet hurt"...said the waitress. I think it was also because they run out of food...or so it seemed.
-Food did take for ever to get to the table. Even a cup of milk for my screaming toddler who desperately called for it and to whom everyone could hear, took an eternity. We had to ask someone else for the milk. My poor child!
-Bottom line: I'LL NEVER BE BACK.
-Just a very weird way too do business. I guess they do not know much about customer service.

• Visited February 2012