“Good burgers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #71 of 279 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The service is always pretty good, but they can get overwhelmed when there is a big crowd. They have burgers for every taste and apitite. Our 4 year old and teenagers have their own favorites, and I alwys go for a medium cheeseburger. The fries are great too.

Visited August 2012

North Potomac, Maryland, United States
“Great burgers & fries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

5 Guys is the same wherever you go (and I mean that in a good way) and this one is no exception. The fries and burgers are tasty. This one is always busy on weekends so be prepared for a little wait but it's always worth it if you're looking for a good burger.

Visited October 2012
Washington, D.C.
“Simply delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great concept, simple but delicious burgers!

Huge portion sizes, order 'small' french fries in the bag and you'll be full before you finish your burger.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
“Still one of my faves...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I love Five Guys. I was afraid years ago when they sold out to franchise them, but it hasn't dropped in quality or service much at all. We visit this location fairly regularly. I'm always pleased. My preference now over Wendy's and well worth the price difference. The only difference is I can't drive through. But, then if I could I'm sure the quality wouldn't be the same. Love it.

Visited October 2012
MD
“Great fries...five guys burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Five Guys is a DC "institution", so you have to try it at least once. The fries are really good. I'd suggest ordering a "small", because after they've put the fries in the brown paper bag (which will be oily...you've been warned!), they add an extra scoop. (Same goes for large fries...enough for 3-4 people to share).

You can get a double or a single burger. I can eat a lot, but with all the fries you get here I strongly suggest the single. When you order there is a long list of extras you can get on your burger - order away and have fun! The burgers here, though, are not my favorite (but lots of folks really love them). They're cooked and somewhat steamed on the griddle, so they're "wet" (not juicy, but moist, and they'll make a mess of the soft bun) - some people just love this type of burger, but not me.

While you're waiting for your order you can munch on peanuts (if you are allergic to peanuts do not go to 5 Guys without doing your homework).

Bottom line: you must try 5 Guys at least once. Consistent quality, and huge amounts of fries!

Visited July 2012