“Overall a good experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Wraxall
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Overall a good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Booked in for New Year's Day lunch. Impressed by decor and overall ambience on arrival. Beautifully decorated for Christmas. Obviously quite busy and bit of a long wait for starters. That said artichoke soup was delicious. The two baked Camemberts could however have been hotter. Main courses were all excellent. Nice desserts. Would definitely go back.

Visited January 2014

69% Recommend
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Christmas Lunch with our Art Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Lovely restaurant for a gathering of about 15 people. Not noisy either. Plenty of choice to suit all tastes and if I am picky almost too much choice.

Food all well presented with hot plates!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Bath Christmas break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed at the Battleaxes after a trip to Bath Christmas market.superbly appointed bedrooms.very welcoming staff had a fantastic evening meal comfortable bed and a hearty breakfast the following morning! Would definitely recommend

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Seems like the same old story poor service.Table booked for 1.30 party of 10 people.Starters came out quick enough but then waited 55mins for Sunday roasts.Fancied a pudding but was informed there was a party of 30 downstairs so there would be a 25min wait.Thought this was excessive so didn't bother.Lesson to be learnt BATTLE AXES if you cant get the staff don't book in the customers.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ben P, Managing Director at The Battleaxes, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Malcolm.

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I have read and subsequently investigated the possible causes in to the delays you encountered on your recent visit to The Battleaxes. I have addressed the problems that caused them, and would like to express my sincere apologies for the delays that did occur. It must have made for a frustrating lunch and I am sorry that you didn't have time to enjoy a dessert with us. Our aim is to provide great food, service and ambiance with a view to achieving good feedback, and on your visit, we considerably missed the mark. If you have time, I’d like to speak directly to you. May I ask that you send an email to ben@flatcappers.co.uk so I can in turn get back to you.

Thanks again, I look forward to speaking with you.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very very poor quality and value”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I went for a meal meal here on Friday 6 December. We had a salmon starter and olives which was absolutely disgusting both of us leaving most of it. Our main meals came out which was 2 steaks chips and what looked like half a bag of lettuce on each plate!!! The chips looked and tasted like frozen ones. Crunchy and full of fat!! Won't be going back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Yet another complete waste of money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Jane.

It was with disappointment and alarm that I read your TripAdvisor contribution recently. I am sorry that you and your husband thought starters to be disgusting, and also the disproportionate amount of salad the steaks were served with. I can assure you that the chips that were served to you were not from frozen and I am sorry that you felt they were. It is clear to me that we hugely missed the mark on your visit to The Battleaxes. We take all feedback very seriously and act where appropriate to fix problems where they arise to ensure that the guests experience is the best it can possibly be. It appears from your other reviews on TripAdvisor that you have not had a good run of meals lately which can only be more frustrating - you must feel like nowhere ‘gets it right’. I would like to take this opportunity to put this right, and if you don’t mind me asking, invite you to get in contact with me directly. If you have got time, please send a email to me on ben@flatcappers.co.uk.

Thanks again for taking the time to review The Battleaxes on TripAdvisor, I hope to hear from you soon.