“What happened here?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Baltimore
“What happened here?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family has always enjoyed dining at Enotria for the quality of the food, nice wait staff, and comfortable atmosphere. Last night, we were terribly disappointed. My wife ordered the chicken marsala, a dish she frequently orders at other places we frequent. It was totally inedible. Just looking at the dish, you could see striations in the chicken that looked like gristle or nerves. She insisted I taste it, and I was unable to chew or swallow it. It seemed like it was microwaved to death and was hard, chewy, and otherwise unappealing. The sauce also had a heavy hand of salt and was not up to what marsala should be.
We called waitress and she took the dish back, my wife got fettucini alfredo instead and the cook brought it to the table with little comment. I felt they should have been more reactive in resolving the problem. We also noticed that the portion size was smaller than in past visits so this must be their way of controlling price increases.
We will probably return at some point but not for the chicken marsala. Carlo is always a gracious host and had he been there perhaps things would have been handled more positively. They took the chicken off our bill and charged for the fettucini instead.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Garlic isn't always good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went here for a brunch with my whole family and my elderly mother. Everything tasted of garlic, even the eggs. The buffet was placed poorly and they ran out of food too soon. Not at all impressed.

Bel Air, Maryland
“Awful food, indifferent service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Enotria in several years but decided to go back for something different. We were very disappointed in this visit. I ordered a Cesar salad and asked to have the cheese on the side, because I want to control how much cheese is sprinkled on top. The waiter complied, but the salad was virtually swimming in dressing. Had I placed a plate over the bowl, I could have drained off and collected about a cup of dressing. I couldn't eat it and left it untouched. When the waiter came back he said, "Was everything OK?" While I was saying, "Well, actually the ..." he turned and walked away. By the way, we were the only table in the room, save for a party of four who were on their after dinner drinks and already had a check. Next we got our meals. The shrimp parm I ordered was fine but five small shrimp for $18.95. The angel hair pasta was cooked to a smushy paste and covered in a tomato sauce that was pale orange and tasted like no tomato had ever met it. I've had better pasta from a can of spaghetti-o's. Awful. My husband's dinner was just as bad. This is a man who never complains and he described it as "horrible". It was a chicken cutlet, dry and thin, covered with proscuitto and topped with a lump of un-melted mozzarella cheese. If you want a better Italian meal, you can go to virtually any other place in Bel Air: Liberatore's, Scotto's, or even the casual Italian Sensations, where they know how to cook pasta and present a decent meal. Once again the waiter was uninterested in why our meals were hardly touched, dropped the check and went back to his conversation with another waiter. The atmosphere is pretty nice, but we can't eat the atmosphere. From looking at the reviews, it looks like others like the food here, but we had an experience that will guide the speed of our return. Never again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air
“Enotria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This has a nice Italian cuisine. It has one side for you to set in the bar area (informal) or you can
go to the dining room where it is more formal eating. The food and service are great; the owner
is always friendly and now they are adding a wine bar, which will also be fun. Not expensive,
not cheap, just right!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“My Favorite Restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here many many times in over 13 years I arrived shortly after it opened . It is a place I take my friends to for a great Italian meal portion are ample service great all around good place. Try the crab cakes you won't be sorry. The character to the restaurant reminds yu of an Italian Country home,villa or restaurant. Check it out you won't be sorry. Reasonably priced as well.