“Great resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Gap Casino Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Rocky Gap Casino Resort to your Saves list
Rocky Gap Casino Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Lakeview Road NE, Flintstone, MD 21530 (Formerly Rocky Gap Lodge and Golf Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Great resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went for the casino and loved it. Felt like we were visiting family. Everyone was over the top
nice. Very clean, well kept property. Beautiful location. Our room over looked the lake.
Very good omelet in the Lakeside room and the Bloody Mary's at the casino bar were the best we have every had. Great place for a quiet get away. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went with a friend the first time and it was such a beautiful place. So when I got a free room we
went again.The rooms are very nice. Free Valet Parking. There are no lines to check in or check
out. We had a wonderful time

Room Tip: Rooms are very nice and quite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ruffsdale, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My fiance received an offer for a free room at the resort when he went to the casino recently. The only bad thing was that it had to be used on a Monday-Thursday night, and we had to take off of work on Friday, but oh well.. It's a free room! We had no problems checking in or with the valet. The area is beautiful. We requested lake side view and got it. Our room was very clean and it had a decent size flat screen TV with HD. There was a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, and iron. They have pretty much anything you would need. The bed was pretty comfortable. We ate at Signatures (a sports bar) for supper. We had pizza there. It was very filling from all of the cheese that they put on it! I used the pool and whirlpool that night as well as the gym the next morning. No problems with anything. We ate at the Lakeside restaurant the next morning for the breakfast buffet. Wonderful food. Even received an extra hour for late check out when we asked for free. We absolutely loved it. Will definitely be back again sometime.

Room Tip: Lakeside at least 4th floor
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed one night in August 2013 and overall had a great experience. The hotel itself was really nice. We arrived around noon and based on other reviews, I didn't think there was any chance we could check in that early. I went to the desk anyway since there was no one in line, and our room was ready! It was convenient because we had a chance to drop off our stuff before we went to explore the grounds and didn't have to worry about checking in later.

Grounds - This place is beautiful. We went on a hike on the Lakeside Loop trail. Just a heads up if you're looking for this trail, it randomly starts in the parking lot. It was about 5 miles and most of it was really nice, there were a couple of spots where you walk along the road or past a pumping station, so you're not really out in the middle of nowhere, but it was still a nice, easy hike. We also rented a canoe for $17. I assumed it was for an hour, but didn't get much direction from the guy in the pro shop where I paid for the canoe, or the guy at the dock. Both were really nice, just not super helpful.

Food - The coffee bar in the lobby had sandwiches and pastries, really convenient to grab something quick. Signatures was the place to go for drinks, the bartender was super friendly and service was great. We also shared a pizza to hold us over until dinner and that was pretty good too. We had dinner at the burger restaurant and the food was pretty good there also, but the service was not. I waited 20 minutes to get my glass of water refilled, and I was sitting at the bar where there were only about 4 other people. We had breakfast at the Lakeside restaurant. The food was okay, but again, service left a lot to be desired. After we were finished and our plates were cleared, we waited about 15 minutes for our check but didn't see our server. My boyfriend finally got up to go to the restroom and the waitress came out of nowhere and gave him the check, because she thought he was going to leave without paying. I know other people said the service here was great, so maybe we were just there at an off time. Everything was really reasonably priced though, so we had plenty left to spend in the Casino :)

Room - Our room was nice, it was a lake view room with two queen beds [I booked last minute and couldn't get a king - no problem at all for us]. Everything was clean and comfortable; there was a wardrobe, a work desk, a flat screen, and a mini fridge. Yes, there is construction going on, but the view was still great. The only thing I wish the room had would be a balcony - with the view of the lake, that would be a great place away from everything to relax for a few minutes.

Casino - I really liked the casino, we had some free slot play and won enough to keep us playing. The bar in the casino, like everything else, was really reasonably priced. I paid as much for two drinks there as I pay for one in the casino back home. Plus after we ordered once, the bartender remembered what we got, we didn’t even have to ask. The wait staff seemed sporadic in the casino but we don’t mind getting our own drinks, so this was no problem for us.

Overall, we had a nice time and we’ll probably be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Landover, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My Significant Other and I visited Rocky Gap on Labor Day weekend. It was our only special time away this summer due to some health issues. We had a tremendous time. The facilities are in great shape. The staff was fextremely riendly and helpful, especially Amy, the Director. I began my stay with an hour massage and an hour facial. I was lucky in the casino, but gave it back. LOL The drive from home was about 2.5 hours and it was beautiful. I have absolutely no complaints about the facilities nor the staff, including the valet employees.

Room Tip: The Lake side views are the best.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I live in Arlington, VA so the drive took me about 2 1/2 hrs to arrive. I have no complaints at all about the drive also. It was quite beautiful once I got on 270 West to 70 West. Upon arriving even a bit earlier, the hotel staff had no problem allowing me to check in my room.

I througly enjoyed my stay at the property and the room service (I never ate at the restaurants, did eat at the wonderful lobby deli) however, the room service was FANTASTIC! (get the crab cakes!)

My only minus (and that's minor) were the pillows, a bit too hard (for ME), but the room and bed, the microwave/fridge in the room was a lovely touch.
I LOVE Rocky Gap. I will certainaly return ASAP!! Wonderful Stay!
Lastly, Thank You for the $200.00 Comp. for the Casino!!!!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor has Great Views of Lake & Golf Course!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wanted to let you know how disappointed I am with my stay at your hotel this weekend. Your front desk customer service was much to be desired. Amy the manager was extremely condescending and downright rude. The valet people and housekeeping were excellent. We also ate dinner at the buffet and the service was great.

I was there for the Iron Girl event. I had raced this last year and loved how nice the hotel was. Last year we were offered an athlete breakfast and late checkout and also a special rate for athletes. This year we were offered nothing. The hotel was close to $100 more a night. I feel like resort did not care if we were there.

I booked my reservation in March on the phone. I had requested a double room. When I went to check in on Saturday I had to wait in a long line because the check in desk is the same as the casino desk for player cards. A bus trip had just arrived. You should really have separate areas for this. Finally after reaching the desk the girl confirmed that I had a King bed in my room. I told her that was in correct and I had booked a double room. She said they were completely booked and there is nothing she can do. I asked to speak to manager. Amy came out and tried to smooth over the situation. I was staying with others that I am not comfortable sharing a bed with. She offered a roll away bed for a charge of $15 a night. I said that I would not be paying for the error of the hotel. Amy stated that there is no way the computers are wrong. She told me she could try to see if she can have it waived. I thought she was the manager?

I did ask for a late check-out and Amy stated that they were all given out. I have called three times previously that week to ask and I was told I could not ask until Sunday morning. So how were they all given out already?

Finally after speaking with many others Sunday morning, all their bills stated that if they checked out my 9am, they could have a casino credit or a credit for the breakfast buffet. My bill did not have that at all and I did check out by 9am. This is a very disappointing because we would have stayed and gambled in your casino.

I enjoy participating in the Iron Girl race and plan to do it again next year. I will not be staying at your resort.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!