I recently stayed at Rocky Gap with a friend for a weekend getaway. I enjoyed the beautiful scenery - i.e. mountains and lake. For a few extra bucks,request a room overlooking the lake. Trust me, it will be worth your while. The hotel staff was friendly and I enjoyed the family friendly environment. I went at an off peak time and was very happy with the lack of crowds.
There are great activities for everyone in the family - there is a pool and sauna and workout room (they desperately need a fan or AC because it was like a sauna in there!), there is a great bar, and hiking trails available nearby.
The rooms were clean and modern, although I believed that the bathrooms were not too great. Still, I believe that for the amount you are paying, you are getting a lot. The atmosphere at Rocky Gap is relaxing, warm, and comfortable. I think the prices are reasonable and the accommodations are less than perfect, although it is not like it is a luxury hotel. I had to remind myself that a few times as I found two stinkbugs in my room.
I would have to recommend the hotel but NOT THE SPA!! I hear that the massages are great, but my friend got two manicures - both peeled off, cost over $40.00 and was not able to get a refund.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky Gap Lodge And Golf Hotel
- Rocky Gap Lodge And Golf Hotel Flintstone
- Rocky Gap Hotel
- Rocky Gap Lodge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A popular resort that promises cozy comfort in the woods - it is situated in the heart of Rocky Gap State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Rocky Gap Casino Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.