“great crabs” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Bel Air, Maryland
“great crabs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

this place has great crabs, our waitress was very good and attentive, the frozen breaded mushrooms where horrible and the crab bisque soup was so thick it should ahve been called a stew (but it was tasty). The decor needs to come into the 21`st century, very dark and dank!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Crabs - Slow Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Arrived for dinner and it was packed. We ordered 1lb of crabs - which were the biggest and most delicious whole crabs I've ever had. The atmosphere was a little rough around the edges and our waitress was super slow which was a little annoying. We were there for 2 hours - which is pretty long - but the crabs were awesome. We wound up taking home the few we didn't eat and I made crabcakes the next day. It was a little pricey, but I would recommend based on the quality and flavor of the crabs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“SCHULTZ'S: AN ESSEX FAVORITE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I've been going to Schultz's since 1972. I am very picky about my food, so they must be doing something right. Their specialty, of course, is seafood, especially their crabs. You can get them steamed to carry out or eat them in the restaurant. The waitresses are friendly & know their customers well. If you eat steamed crabs here, you get your table covered with the usual white paper & they give you a mallet & a bucket to put your shells in.. My favorites are their baked orange roughy with crab imperial; it's so delicious. And their cream of crab soup with the house salad is an unbeatable combination! The prices are very reasonable, but between May and October, reservations are a must if you want to eat. Try Schultz's out...you won't be disappointed!

NYC
“Fantastic Food and nice atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

We are from NYC and we went here in February, a few days after the big snowstorm. We had found Schultz's online and it was not far from our hotel. Lucky we got a parking spot with all the snow! The inside decor is warm wood paneling with lots of fish and photos on the walls - very homey, and much bigger than expected. We went around 5:30 and the place filled up nicely not long after we arrived. The service was very good and we had an attentive waitress.
The best part of the experience was the food. The best crab cakes ever! My husband and I each tried a different type of crab cake entree, and both were wonderful! On the way out we met another couple. They asked if we left any food for them? They came from Maryland and had driven a good half hour to get there. They are regulars, and advised also trying the fried oysters next time. We will definitely be back again for more crab cakes and those oysters!

Toronto, Canada
“Friendly, cozy atmosphere with great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend. I love crab and my boyfriend had never eaten a crab right out of it's shell before. He was a little apprehensive at first, but he got right into it. The steamed crab was delicious! It was very succulent, and very tasty. The crab chowder was excellent. The service was very good. Everyone was so friendly, and we felt so invited there. It does not have a fancy interior or anything, but it was very cozy. My boyfriend wants to go back and take his family. I would highly recommend this place if you want good food. (Just a note: We ordered a dozen 45s (weight/price reference) of steam crab. That is too much for 2 people. Half a dozen would have been fine.)