“Fine for brief stay-watch your bill!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
Snowy Ohio
“Fine for brief stay-watch your bill!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My family (2 adults/2 teens) was in Emmitsburg for an event at Mt. St. Mary's University. The Sleep Inn is less than 5 minutes away, making it the most convenient hotel. It's fine for a quick stay, but there's not much to recommend it otherwise - although it was full when we visited. Our room had a strong smell of B.O. that couldn't dissipate because the window was sealed shut. We must not be the only people to notice this - there were Stick-ups in the AC unit! We were warned at check-in that the hotel is in the middle of a stink bug infestation and, despite the sealed room, we found stink bugs in our closet and beds. On the plus side, the shower is large and we were given plenty of towels. The breakfast is fine: scrambled eggs, sausage, donuts/muffins, 2 cereals. But, oddly, the coffee machine dispenses a low-caffeine swill that tastes like my great-grandma's Sanka powder. We were double-charged for the room, which I noticed a few hours after check-out. The hotel advised me to wait 7-10 days for the refund to process - that could be a problem for those on tight credit. If I were in the area again, I'd stay in Frederick for more and better choices.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Allow me to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Technology has come pretty far but sometimes debt cards get the best of us. We should’ve handled the situation differently and explained that communicating directly with your debt card provider often expedites the release of the authorization that was placed at check-in. We try to diminish this as much as possible but sometimes it doesn’t work and for that I am sorry.

If you ever decide to return to the area might I suggest setting some time aside and exploring in Emmitsburgs the Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton – America’s only Saint, The National Fire Fighters Memorial, the Catoctin Zoo and the many attractions located just a few minutes away up in Gettysburg, PA.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here on biz travel. Rooms offer everything I look for: good layout, lighting, nice shower/bathroom, clean, fan for white noise, nice TV, helpful desk staff, proximity to diversity of food options, and decent (free) breakfast. In-room wifi should be faster, but it's free so no strong complaint. Coming back in a month and hope to be able to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
We appreciate your impute on your recent stay and look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We loved our stay! The front desk staff where full of knowledge about the area. The room was really clean, and I really liked the coffee and coffee maker in the room. Breakfast was good with lots of options. The indoor pool was clean and warm! Would stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for all the kind words. My staff enjoys hearing when their hard work has paid off.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Forgive me if there is an air of pretention in this review, its is honestly just that I tend to shy away from hotels of this sort, preferring to pay more for a Sheraton or Westin, I'm just picky yhat way. However, those options are not available in this neck of the woods (mountains?).
Needless to say, I was quite pleasantly surprised with this place. The front desk was very polite, informative and helpful and the room, much to my surprise did NOT smell like deodorized cover for smoke and pet dander (as do many similar establishments). The linens seemed clean and the beds were relatively comfortable. The room and especially the bathroom was on the small side but it worked for my son and I on a one-day end-of-season playing hooky from work/school skiing junket.

• Stayed March 2014
Sarah H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thrilled we could help you play hooky from work and provide you with lodging during your trip to Ski Liberty! Everyone needs a hooky day every now and again.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had to stay at the Sleep Inn because the Liberty Ski Resort was booked, we were not disappointed. Very clean, great staff, warm in-door pool for the kids. Will definitely stay again on the next ski weekend.

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor by the pool. Great location when travelling with kids
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Happy we could accommodate and look forward to seeing you again.
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

stayed one night on business in the dead of winter....receptionist was professional and pleasant. room was clean, bed was comfortable, i liked the rounded shower, bigger than a cruise ship shower - but a terribly weak, drippy showerhead. breakfast was so-so, and i really liked the free internet that could do video-streaming for my tab - unlike Fairfield Inn, which charges you extra for the video streaming capable internet

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again.
Pasadena, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

One would think that in the middle of a bad winter that a hotel out in a rural area would go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay for their out-of-town guests. After entering the lobby and walking up to the front desk, I asked the clerk if she had a vacancy. (Mind you, there were only 3 cars in the entire parking lot.) She replies, "Hold on, let me check." After waiting for about a minute, she replies, "Yes," and stares at me. I guess she was waiting for further instructions? I said I needed one room for one person for one night. She asks, "How many adults and how many children?" To which I nicely replied, "One adult, one night." Then she asks, "How many nights?" By this time I'm looking for the Candid Camera crew. Can anyone be so blatantly stupid? She informs me that she only has a room with two double beds available, and that it costs more than a single rate. I reminded her for the 3rd time that I was alone and did not need a double, then requested she look for a single room. After "searching'' in her computer for 2-3 minutes, she states that she found one room with only one bed. I agreed that would be fine, and asked about breakfast. She informed me that they serve breakfast at 6 a.m. and offered bacon, eggs, etc.

The television in my room did not work, and when I left for dinner I informed the clerk of this. I was expecting the tv to be working when I returned, or instead that I might be offered another room. Several hours later upon returning, the tv still did not work. When I checked out in the morning, the clerk asked how my stay was. I informed her about the non-working television and she stated it was because it was winter. Oh, and they offered self-serve continental breakfast.

Sorry, guys . . . this was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. Better off driving to the next town and saving a lot of grief and aggravation. And $150.

Room Tip: Go to the next town instead if you want a good room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
My apologies regarding the front desk and technical issues you experienced during your recent stay. I do appreciate your willingness to share your experience and will address these issues to make sure they don’t happen again.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!