“Liberty Ski Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Liberty Ski Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had to stay at the Sleep Inn because the Liberty Ski Resort was booked, we were not disappointed. Very clean, great staff, warm in-door pool for the kids. Will definitely stay again on the next ski weekend.

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor by the pool. Great location when travelling with kids
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sarah H, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Happy we could accommodate and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

stayed one night on business in the dead of winter....receptionist was professional and pleasant. room was clean, bed was comfortable, i liked the rounded shower, bigger than a cruise ship shower - but a terribly weak, drippy showerhead. breakfast was so-so, and i really liked the free internet that could do video-streaming for my tab - unlike Fairfield Inn, which charges you extra for the video streaming capable internet

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you again.
Pasadena, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

One would think that in the middle of a bad winter that a hotel out in a rural area would go out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay for their out-of-town guests. After entering the lobby and walking up to the front desk, I asked the clerk if she had a vacancy. (Mind you, there were only 3 cars in the entire parking lot.) She replies, "Hold on, let me check." After waiting for about a minute, she replies, "Yes," and stares at me. I guess she was waiting for further instructions? I said I needed one room for one person for one night. She asks, "How many adults and how many children?" To which I nicely replied, "One adult, one night." Then she asks, "How many nights?" By this time I'm looking for the Candid Camera crew. Can anyone be so blatantly stupid? She informs me that she only has a room with two double beds available, and that it costs more than a single rate. I reminded her for the 3rd time that I was alone and did not need a double, then requested she look for a single room. After "searching'' in her computer for 2-3 minutes, she states that she found one room with only one bed. I agreed that would be fine, and asked about breakfast. She informed me that they serve breakfast at 6 a.m. and offered bacon, eggs, etc.

The television in my room did not work, and when I left for dinner I informed the clerk of this. I was expecting the tv to be working when I returned, or instead that I might be offered another room. Several hours later upon returning, the tv still did not work. When I checked out in the morning, the clerk asked how my stay was. I informed her about the non-working television and she stated it was because it was winter. Oh, and they offered self-serve continental breakfast.

Sorry, guys . . . this was one of the worst hotels I've stayed in. Better off driving to the next town and saving a lot of grief and aggravation. And $150.

Room Tip: Go to the next town instead if you want a good room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sarah H, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
My apologies regarding the front desk and technical issues you experienced during your recent stay. I do appreciate your willingness to share your experience and will address these issues to make sure they don’t happen again.
Keymar, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were forced out of our home with a week-old baby due to a power outage and near 0 degree temperatures. We called the Sleep Inn and the staff was very helpful in getting us a set up with a room with very little notice.

The hotel itself is very well kept and the staff were outstanding. Nearly everyone we encountered stopped to talk with us and made sure our needs were being met. The warm breakfast was good - the staff manning it was also great!

When our heating situation would not allow us a normal checkout time, the staff snapped into action and made sure we could stay for an additional few hours while the heat was brought back on. This hotel and the staff were a lifesaver - don't hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind words! Thrilled we could help.
Arlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is clean, staff is friendly, pool was great. Had the free breakfast which was good - make your own waffles, cereal, bagels, scrambled eggs sausage. Simple but good especially given the price.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thanks so much! It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Can't say enough good about this place. Everything was perfect from check in to check out. Got the room location requested. Clean comfortable room. Good breakfast, with plenty of choices. Quiet location. Hope to get back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here on a fall leaf peeping weekend. We have stayed here before but they have remodeled and the place in really clean and fresh. We stayed in a handicap room that had a big king and a queen sleeper. There was more than enough room to get around in a large wheelchair. Person at the front desk was pleasant. Breakfast was the usual fair, toast, bagels, oat meal, waffles, juice, milk, cereal, etc. More than enough to get you started in the morning. the location is good for people coming in to MD from PA. It's close to the fireman's memorial and other historical places. Thurmont isn't far. Covered bridges nearby. Outlets aren't far. It's just a nice place to stay. Had room delivery for dinner from local Italian place that was delicious. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the backside of the hotel have a field view where you can see animals. In front of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!