“A fair value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
NYC
“A fair value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Sleep Inn on 12/26. The front desk staff was friendly and informative. The room was large, bright and clean. The bed was comfortable. The free WiFi worked flawlessly. The water pressure in the shower was solid and hot water copious. The free continental breakfast was not of B&B quality but wasn't expected to be. The online booking process was fast and easy. We feel that the $89 rate was more than justified. We will def stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was not planning to stay here - or anywhere - on my two hour trip from Pennsylvania to Virginia, but my car breaking down changed that plan. This was on Christmas afternoon, so there was no hope of getting it fixed that day. This hotel was only 200 yards from the rest area where my car was - and it's the only hotel in Emmitsburg - so that made that choice easy. I checked and there were hotels for much less south in Frederick or north in Gettysburg, but I didn't have the option of going anywhere else. But with my AAA card, I got an okay rate on a nice king room. The hotel was nearly empty, but the staff was friendly. The indoor pool and workout room were nice by hotel standards - a hot tub would be a nice addition. I agree with other reviewers that the room lights take a while to fully illuminate, giving the room a dark appearance at first. I also wish that guests could enter by the side door with a room key, but you have to go through the front door. Breakfast was okay - your standard pastries, bagels, some Jimmy Dean sandwiches, yogurt, plus a couple of hot items like bacon. I would suggest adding a waffle maker. I checked out the next day and got my car towed to a local shop, but the winter weather killed any chance of my parts being delivered that day, so back to the Sleep Inn for a second night. I got the same room at the same rate. This time, I noticed a stain on one of the sheets but other than that minor issue, the place was very clean and the room was decent. I really liked the large flat screen TV and mini-fridge. I did notice during this stay that my wireless connection was weak and intermittent at times; perhaps that was because on the end of the hotel furthest from the lobby. On the next morning when I finally checked out for good, I couldn't connect at all, so perhaps it was a problem with their equipment. Fortunately, they had a public computer so I was able to take care of a couple of things.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Glastonbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night. The front desk clerk was very friendly and very professional, giving us the whole rundown on checkout, breakfast, pool and gym hours etc.

The rooms are the same for a newer Sleep Inn. Comfortable and Clean. They serve a hot breakfast along with bagels, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc. We didn't use the pool or the gym.

There's not much going on in Emmitsburg, but it is close to Gettysburg.

My only issue was that the price was $122, which is high for a Sleep Inn, and considerably higher than the $80 or so that we paid there a month ago. When I asked about it, the clerk suggested that there might be something going on in the area. But, if you're heading to DC and don't want to stop on the way, it's a good choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay. It's right along Route 15 and Route 140 very close to Gettysburg Pa. It's very convenient to Mt St Mary's University. It's very affordable and clean nice indoor pool and wonderful breakfast. Check it out you won't be sorry.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Milton, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We just stayed one night but found everything about this hotel to be perfect..the room (two doubles) was the perfect size, very nicely decorated and everything spotless..the beds were sooo comfy and they gave each of us 5 pillows on the bed without even having to ask for extras..they served a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning and everyone we dealt with at this hotel was helpful and pleasant. We will definitely be back again! (We couldn't rate room service because there isn't any at this particular location).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked the Sleep Inn for a wedding. Originally, we could only get a suite. The sales manager was kind enough to track the rooms and was able to book us into a less expensive double room. All the the counter agents were helpful, friendly and engaging. They were very efficient.
We we checked out, we left a piece of luggage behind. The hotel staff secured it, contacted us, and promptly packed it and shipped it back to us.

Amazing service!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Super nice and friendly staff. Accommodating, and helpful and know the area very well. Great customer service. The rooms are clean, the beds are so comfortable you won't want to get up in the morning. Large screen TV, ample closet and drawer space. Very convenient from the freeway and close to the National Shrine and Basilica of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (a beautiful place to visit) and Gettysburg. We were pulling a trailer and the staff was very helpful about how and where to park. It was perfect, and the next morning we drove right out. If you have a boat or trailer, there is excellent parking. McDonalds very close by, plus pizza delivery from 2 sources. The Italian restaurant that delivered had great food! Hot, and delivered in 30 minutes. This was a staff recommendation. We didn't partake of the continental breakfast which appeared to be the usual, nothing special but the area was clean and set up well. A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!