“Nice antique mall - not huge, but fun to poke around in” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
La Paz, Bolivia
4 attraction reviews
“Nice antique mall - not huge, but fun to poke around in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We made a day trip to Emmitsburg from northern Virginia and shopped at the antique mall for an hour or so. Not a lot of furniture, but a nice selection of dishes, memorabilia, and some books. It didn't seem that large to me, but I'm used to some of the truly giant antique malls in the Midwest. But worth visiting for a nice afternoon's shopping.

Visited June 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Like a trip to your grandmother's attic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you like rooting through old stuff this is the place to go. No you aren't going to find many pre-1800 items. And no, you won't find many pristine, perfect items either. What you will find here are lots of items with character and charm to spare. Prices are generally very good and you can shop to your heart's content without anyone breathing down your neck. Going to the Emmitsburg Antique Mall is one of my guilty pleasures and favorite places to go. I never come back empty handed.

Visited March 2014
Dulles, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Very wide selection of Actual Antiques”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you antique, you can become disappointed in your travels by finding places labeled as antique stores that have few rell antiques. Emmitsburg Antique Mall is filled with antiques of all types. Although two hours from my house, it was well worth the trip. It took a considerable amount of time to review the holdings, and the selection was quite amazing. Make a day trip to the area . . .stop at a local restaurant, and visit the local small towns (New Oxford PA is quite close, and worth the trip).

Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

With a few hours to spare between meetings at a conference, I made a beeline over to the Emmitsburg Antique Mall. I found a couple of treasures and found this to be a little above average over most antique malls. Most booths were reasonably priced, relatively clean and shoppable. I find nothing worse than when you can't even maneuver into a space without fear of knocking something over! A couple of vintage cook books and a kit for making English muffins were my take for the day. Had I had more than an hour and a half, I'm sure I could have find more for my take. Plus, as a visitor who flew in from out-of-town, I had to limit myself to packable pieces.

Visited October 2013
Washington, DC
21 attraction reviews
“Stuff everywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The bottom line: We came, we shopped, we bought a couple of things for a fair price and have no regrets.

If you are serious, this establishment is going to take you a long time to get through because it is pretty large, booths are not really organized and there is lots and lots of stuff covering almost every inch of table and counter space.

It has three long halls, each with booths on both sides. Some seem spacious, some are so cramped you can barely move.

Some prices were foolishly high but we discovered a couple of bargains.

This place is so big that it makes comparison shopping a little hard, and if you decide you want something you have to haul it with you through the rest of the mall or carry it to the front before you return to hunting.

We didn't need a key to open any locked cabinet, but that also would take a walk back to the front to get someone's attention unless you happen to remember the phone number. You'd think they would put the number on the wall in several places to make things easier on the customer.

One last house-keeping issue: The mall is really, really dirty. Everything is covered with lots of dust and grime, we have to move spider webs to get to some items and there were a lot of missing sales tags

Visited September 2013

Been to Emmitsburg Antique Mall? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Emmitsburg Antique Mall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.