“Comfortable short-term stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
Richmond, Virginia
“Comfortable short-term stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was my first experience with a Residence Inn. This property is located about 20 minutes outside of Baltimore. I went with my family and found this was really a pleasant stay. It was ideal for us, because, we were in the area for a quick trip to Baltimore, but we didn't want to pay city rates. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was enough room for us. The room was clean and well kept. The front staff was incredibly helpful and was able to answer our numerous questions. There is a pool, tennis courts and outside sitting area for those who want to be outside.This would definitely be an ideal location for someone who has a car and wants to explore the greater Baltimore area. Otherwise, you probably need somewhere closer if you are in town to do the tourist thing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bucks County, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

New and well kept Marriott Residence Inn. Front desk staff was pleasant and helpful on check in. As it seems to have had a recent remodel everything seemed and smelled new. Rooms seemed well cleaned and not dusty. Enjoyed the free upgrade as a Marriott rewards user.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The beds in this hotel were so comfortable, a great nights sleep. The hotel is very well kept. There is a Bob Evans in the same parking lot and a breakfast at the hotel. The hotel location is a little confusing so just make sure to keep your eye out for hidden turns. Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

In Baltimore for training and my original hotel reservation was down the road. I found that place to be dark and with an unwelcome odor. After driving around and looking at other options, I walked into the lobby of this Residence Inn and had a welcoming feeling. The front desk representative was very helpful and even allowed me to be shown around prior to making a decision. She was very courteous and certainly able to find a place for me. I was happy with a Studio Queen and slept comfortably. All my needs were met or exceeded and I will definitely return to Residence Inn on future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Beware of the manager that has no knowledge of the difference between a service animal and an emotional support animal. This man kept insisting that I needed to show him a ADA "card" for my little dog, that is an emotional support dog, NOT a service animal (and was actually quite rude about it) I have all of the required documentation required for this, and have NEVER had a problem in the 7, yes SEVEN, years that I have had her. We have been all across the country... sometimes flying and sometimes driving... but have never had a problem until now, and we have stayed at more Marriotts than I can count! On the other hand, the front desk staff was really nice, and even went so far as to go into another room and get me some extra feather-free pillows since I only had one (out of five) to begin with. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I checked inn at this Residence inn and only stayed for one night. The room was larger then other Residence inn I have been in all over US. It's so perfect to fit the whole family. It comes with fully equiped kitchen, nice clean bathroom and breakfast is also included. The hotel is clean and up to date. There are restaurants within walking distance that shares the same parking lot, Bob Evans or something like that. The hotel is 20 mins from Baltimore and we picked this one over the Rennaisance because they charge too much for parking. I Loved it and I will come back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ossining
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a great place to stay. We went on line, and since we could not find our Marriott rewards number, called Marriott and got an even better deal, one on one.
We had a funeral in Baltimore, and chose to stay on the fringe where we hoped for a quiet spot that turned out to be situated in lovely surroundings as well. Our accommodations were comparable to a large studio apartment...sleeping area, full kitchen, and study/living area.; nicely decorated and comfortable. We requested a quiet location and were given one. Unfortunately, the "guests" above us came in during the early hours of morning, and were very loud and inconsiderate. Being a light sleeper, this was unpleasant. The full breakfast was more than expected. Service on all levels was up to the usual Marriott standards. Staying here was well worth the few miles out of Baltimore...We tried to reserve again for this week, but in this price range ,we were offered accommodations at Marriott's Spring Hill Suites, which I expect to be equally as good.

Room Tip: Tell them what you need....be specific.