“Event” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Simi Valley, California
“Event”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had our Fund Raising event at this hotel. I would suggest you choose a different hotel. The food was terrible and they ran out the replacement food was worse then the original food. The rooms were not clean and the ballroom we had our event in was dirty and smelled.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are very small and not very well kept.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have watched Turf Valley grow from a country club with three golf courses to a respectable conference center with hotel rooms and restaurant.

To my family Turf Valley is a community. We had to say good bye to our community earlier this year after deciding to move down south. I have been a member for many, many years. My experience has been playing golf, living on the property, dining, and attending weddings.

No one does it better when it comes to weddings and golf than Turf Valley.

PGA Spinnato leads a crew of true gentlemen who made us feel like members of a world class county club.

Mike Powell, hardest working gentlemen at Turf Valley, made us feel welcome with our own oasis at Member's Grill. He hosted us multiple times in his restaurant, Alexandra's, which lately has become the neighborhood gem (best Thanksgiving Brunch in the area)

Serol Gurun, a true class act, has raised the standards of service in the hotel and made us call Turf Valley home during our transition living in the extended-stay apartments. My wife and I got to meet all our neighbors which became friends.

Signore Pete continues to represent what his father, Mr Mangione, has started a long time ago. His relationship with the members - including playing in our outings, will always be remembered.

I am not a tech savvy individual (my regular readings include the AARP magazine and TV Guide). But, I thought this would be a nice way to pay back my respect and gratitude.

Handicap 9

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had to occasion to stay here last week for a family funeral. I have been to Turf Valley on several occasions for different banquets but have not stayed here before. Wow! what a nice surprise. When I called the reservation desk just the day before and told her why we were coming, she immediately quoted us a bereavement price. When we arrived to check in, Stephanie immediately upgraded both our rooms to a king suite without even asking! Stephanie, you rock and we really did appreciate your kindness and attention during this stressful time. The rooms were gigantic and so well appointed as were the bathrooms. Yes this is an older building but it has been rehabbed and done quite well. It was peaceful and quiet until 6:30 a.m. the next morning when the construction crews started up right outside our window. Of course we understand that there must be construction but at 6:30 a.m.? This was our only complaint. We also had a WONDERFUL dinner at Alexander's which is the in-house restaurant. Crab cakes and steak were outstanding. We would most certainly stay here again. Of course the grounds are just gorgeous because it is a golf resort mainly. Oh and I forgot, my sister & I made use of the indoor pool & spa which too was just wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Turf City Resort is an excellent location for a business conference. It has 36 holes of golf, a spa, exercise facilities and a great location near Washington, DC. The food is the best banquet and conference food ever. Only downside is the well-used interior furnishings. Worth a look for a conference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed from Fri to Mon at the Resort for the wedding of our son. Our room was as big as some apartments I've seen. There was a mini-kitchen, a sitting area, a huge bathroom with the toilet in a separate room & the mattress & pillows were to die for. The staff are all pleasant & gracious. We ate breakfast once at their restaurant. It was very good except our waiter was a tad slow bringing cream for my coffee & forgetting our toast. The wedding reception was held in the Wedgewood Room. It was lovely. Couldn't ask for better service & the food was great. The crab cakes were made of large pieces of crab with very little filler to hold them together. I have no complaints. We were on the 6th floor with lovely views, it was very quiet & the rooms were spotless. I would stay their again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Book an executive room with a king-size bed, mini-kitchen with microwave & refrigerator & a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
abushtv, Manager at Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi, Toni -

Thanks so much for your reviews here and on the page for our restaurant, Alexandra's American Fusion. I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding and your stay!

We hope to see you again soon - thank you,
Andrea Bush
eCommerce Manager
Turf Valley
visitus@turfvalley.com
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed three nights to attend my son's wedding. The hotel is gorgeous. We had a room (as large as some apartments!) with a luxurious king-sized bed with mattress & pillows to die for. We were on the sixth floor & it was very quiet. The rooms are spotless; you could hold a party in the large shower; and the front desk & housekeeping were very gracious. Breakfast was good in the restaurant, but the waiter was a little slow bringing cream, coffee & our toast. The wedding reception was held in the Wedgewood room. Food & staff were fabulous. The crab cakes were pure meat with hardly any filler. What can I add? I would definitely recommend this resort!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a king-sized bed. Rooms are huge with sitting areas, microwave, refrigerator, small...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

It was a comfortable stay in a 2 bedroom suite, which was reasonably priced. It was a little dated, but overall it was a good hotel. I would rate it a 6.5 with 10 being the highest. Excellent golf course views. The hotel is conveniently located off of a major roadway with all types of stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!