“Relaxing Get-a-Way” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bethel, Alaska
“Relaxing Get-a-Way”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was back in my hometown of Maryland. We stayed for three nights. The Spa was Great. They have an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, dry sauna and gym that's included with the stay.
The restaurant was Excellent/try the Seafood salad.
They had a High School Band play Christmas Music at the Fairway Lounge.
Make sure you take the Nature Trail!!
Nicely Decorated!!
November 28th thru December1, 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

They are nice at the front desk but are too busy on their cell phones they never charged my credit card correctly.

The first night we stayed and the only night! We found stains (redish brown). So we called the front desk and housekeeping was closed for the night. Not much customer service in that department. Finally a security guard brings us sheets and just hands them to me.

I am not paying $140 a night for a king suite to have to change my own sheets!

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ellicott City hotels

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here the first weekend in November for a wedding (not at Turf). The hotel itself was very nice, the people very friendly, and facilities also nice. We used the gym while there - the cardio equipment was great (TVs on all ). The free wts needed a little help (updating and dirty). The stationary machines were good. The pool and hot tub were also nice and warm, but the ceilings needed to be re-done. Didn't use the spa, but the menu looked awesome (resort prices). The spa bathrooms were really nice.
The regular queen size rooms were OK. I don't think they renovated these yet, hopefully they will soon. The suites w/ a mini kitchen, bedroom and bathroom were really nice (got to check one out) and for the extra $10 per night next time I would upgrade to that room even if i didn't need the extra room.
Overall will stay here again when need be and a great experience!!!
*Try the MD crabcake salad from the "quick lunch" menu at the downstairs bar. GOOOOOOD!

Room Tip: grab a suite- but not all have a golf course view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I visited for my birthday in November. I went primarily to experience the spa. The staff and the spa facility was very pleasant. The hotel has plenty of free parking and a plentiful Sunday brunch. I didn't have the brunch, but my husband did (while I was at the spa). He is pretty hard to please, he said the food was "ok".
The facility is a little dated and the hotel room was like visiting your grandmother and staying in the guest room that she remodeled in the early 90's. I like to think of it as retro, but it really could use an update. I can tell that there have been a few updates like the tile in the bathroom but the fixtures, carpet, sink, tub, etc. looks to have been in place for a few decades.
The grounds were well groomed, even though it was fall and just about everything had browned over, you can tell they took great pride in the appearance of the facility.
The spa, however, was very nice and serene. I had three treatments - each done by a different technician. They were all very professional and pleasant. The spa facility, connected to the hotel, is also very clean. My only down side to the spa is that it shares a locker room with the pool. After spending the afternoon relaxing, I opened the once tidy, quiet locker room to about half dozen unaccompanied little girls, squealing and giggling and leaving puddles and dirty towels on every inch of the floor. An adult did finally come in to retrieve the girls but by that time, I was dressed and ready to leave. I wanted to take advantage of the sauna and the showers but it was way too busy.
Overall, I had a great time. It is worth driving there. For my husband and me, Turf Valley is less than an hour away. I am thinking about treating my parents to Sunday brunch one day. I think they will like it, there were several senior citizens at brunch Sunday. Oh, and the dining room overlooks the golf course and there is live music as well.
I can see why someone might want to have their wedding at Turf Valley - it is easy to get to and the facility, while old and outdated, is pretty.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor with a view of the outside pool. I hope it was just our room and not the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lockport, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Turf Valley for a wedding that was held at the resort and were very pleased with our stay. The room was large, had a nice bathroom and was clean. The grounds are beautiful. Very nice place to stay. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed October 2012
KeyWest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for a late night wedding reception and we really enjoyed ourselves. I read the reviews and took the hint from Grandfromage22 to take the room looking west with the balcony.
Awesome... Deal @ 169.00 and they put on a beautiful outdoor wedding venue during sunset the moved inside to a wonderful cocktail hour... just wish the had more than two bartenders... Guess that keeps the guests sober. Great Dinner Crab Cake and Filet Mignon.. Awesome Friends, Furnishings, Food and Spirits... May not be furnished like the Waldorf Astoria but for the price and the friendly hotel staff I would like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Yes.... Choose a suite room on the 7th floor with a balcony looking west ! Awesome
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

If you just want to golf, this place would be fine. There are no other amenities available , the spa is not great, there is no one around to assist you if you need anything, no help with luggage available, no shop for anything you may have forgotten. The front desk staff is friendly but slow and has no information for travelers to the area.

If you are looking fo a family or couples resort, move on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!