“Living (it) Socially @ Turf Valley” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2700 Turf Valley Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Living (it) Socially @ Turf Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I enjoy living in DC and not having any kids yet. We dine out almost every night and continuously seek stay-cation deals on Living Social.

Turf Valley Resort is only 45 minutes outside DC. We got a deal that included room, a bottle of wine and a gift card. Our experience was wonderful.

I must first acknowledge and recognize that this property did not by any means treat us any differently - (if you buy from Living Social or any online websites you can relate...). There was no hidden cost to this promotion and our gift card was provided at check in with no condition to spend later. In fact we were encouraged to use their spa, golf courses and dining facilities.

The arrival gives you a sense of escape. Beautiful grounds. The front desk staff is superb. The gentlemen who checked us in and assisted multiple times during our stay was a true class act. Extremely professional and well knowledgeable about the resort and area.

The Spa was a treat for my wife. The serenity room is tastefully decorated. The treatments were well done.

The restaurant is a great value. The food was delicious and service was friendly. (Note to DC snobs: do not expect fine dining by any means - but again you are out here to relax so that should not be the case). I must also add - we were not in the mood for wine and the staff exchanged our bottle of wine for apple cider and treated us to coffee the following morning.

The resort has an outdoor pool, tennis courts, and an indoor pool. We made the most out of a one night stay. The gentlemen at the desk gave us a very well appreciated late check out the following morning.

We will be back to this property. You dont get this kind of all in one resort near DC with this kind of value and levels of service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cranston, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I attended a business conference at Turf Valley The facilities are fine (a little dated). The food in the restaurant was good, their wine special was great. The primary attraction is the 36 holes of golf. Unfortunately, thunderstorms prevented me from playing more than 12 holes, but the holes I did play were in great shape. The Pro-Shop provided great rental clubs, year old Taylor Made and the staff was accommodating. Not sure I'd take my family here, it’s more a conference and events center than a resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Amherst
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

OK.. how about a swimming pool? I have been visiting Turf Valley for the past 7 years for an annual golf tournament. The place is awesome. We held a conference here a few years back and it was well organized. The food in the restaurant is excellent. Drinks at the bar are ok....great golf is right out your hotel lobby. Check it out. Looking forward to the event in September, I hear they have a new and improved restaurant. Only incident I had was getting stuck in the glass elevator going up and down for several trips.... but I made it out in time for my tee time.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony if possible, nice to go out there at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Valley Forge Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Every year we travel with 8 other couples for a golf vacation. This year was at Turf Valley for four days. Before we had arrived the resort had been hit by a terrible strom that had knocked out power for days. They had assured us that everything should be up and running by the time we arrived on Sunday and they were correct. The rooms were beatiful and very clean as was the whole resort. Out of the 9 couple we were the ones that had a room problem but it was not the fault of the resort. The storm had blownup some of the TV's in the rooms as well as some other eletrical devices. Our first room the TV was shot so they gave us another room but when we checked the TV in the new room it was also goner. When we called the front desk they immediately upgraded us to a suite with two working TV's and offered to move all our belongings But we did not need the moving help. When you are with 18 friends it didn't take long and we all laughed about it. We really felt the resort went out of it's way to accomadate us.
We played both golf courses and we enjoyed them both. When we go on these trips there are places that we call keepers and Turf Valley is a keeper. we will return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Beware of pre & post additional credit card charges. The mattress in room 706 needs replacing and the bedding (sheets and mattress pad) was very thin and worn. The temperature in the hot tub was set way TOO hot. Other than those issues, it was a pretty nice place to stay. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I like Turf Valley more and more. The service is consistently good. The rooms have been upgraded and they are very nice. I seriously recommend upgrading to an Executive King room. Previously, I always took the standard room. The upgrade was only $30 more and it was worth it. For that, I had a double size room, more like a suite, with two full size sliding glass patio doors, overlooking the golf course. Room included a refrigerator, microwave, nice furniture, pivoting wall mount flat screen and the bed was very comfortable with soft sheets. Huge bathroom with high quality fixtures, everything was clean.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive King room, worth every penny.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ellicott City, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We wanted our daughter to have a special celebration for her 15th birthday and booked a couple of rooms so she can have a sleepover with her friends as a celebration. The rooms were nice and the girls enjoyed the hotel indoor swimming pool. Everybody was happy and the sleepover was a success. Unfortunately, we left our camera in one of the rooms, I'm 100% sure because I clearly remember putting it down on the bed so I could take one more picture of the girls with a cellphone. The following day, I was ready to download the pictures and remembered never picking up the camera from the bed. I called the hotel and they informed me that housekeeping didn't find the camera, I told them I was sure I left it there, but they said nothing was in the lost and found. I have to say that I was in shock that in hotel with this reputation something like this happened. I have lost things at Target and have had people do the right thing and turn it in to customer service. That the housekeeping department didn't find my camera and do the right thing, is disappointing to say the least. The cost of the camera is nothing to us. What we really lost were the pictures of a wonderful and fun celebration. What a shame for an otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!