“Great place for a conference, 36 holes of golf” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2700 Turf Valley Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago
“Great place for a conference, 36 holes of golf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I like Turf Valley more and more. The service is consistently good. The rooms have been upgraded and they are very nice. I seriously recommend upgrading to an Executive King room. Previously, I always took the standard room. The upgrade was only $30 more and it was worth it. For that, I had a double size room, more like a suite, with two full size sliding glass patio doors, overlooking the golf course. Room included a refrigerator, microwave, nice furniture, pivoting wall mount flat screen and the bed was very comfortable with soft sheets. Huge bathroom with high quality fixtures, everything was clean.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an Executive King room, worth every penny.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ellicott City, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We wanted our daughter to have a special celebration for her 15th birthday and booked a couple of rooms so she can have a sleepover with her friends as a celebration. The rooms were nice and the girls enjoyed the hotel indoor swimming pool. Everybody was happy and the sleepover was a success. Unfortunately, we left our camera in one of the rooms, I'm 100% sure because I clearly remember putting it down on the bed so I could take one more picture of the girls with a cellphone. The following day, I was ready to download the pictures and remembered never picking up the camera from the bed. I called the hotel and they informed me that housekeeping didn't find the camera, I told them I was sure I left it there, but they said nothing was in the lost and found. I have to say that I was in shock that in hotel with this reputation something like this happened. I have lost things at Target and have had people do the right thing and turn it in to customer service. That the housekeeping department didn't find my camera and do the right thing, is disappointing to say the least. The cost of the camera is nothing to us. What we really lost were the pictures of a wonderful and fun celebration. What a shame for an otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My daughter was married on the grounds. The staff was very helpful and rrsponsive. I had requested an early check-in since i had to get dressed but that was not possible. Although they were full, the night before, some effort should have been made to accomodate us. other folks not involved with the wedding had gooten into rooms. However, the room was quite nice and had temperature controls that actually went below 72 degrees. On a hot day and in a tux, I appreciated that. The food was truly outstanding at both the reception and dinner following. Hats off!

Room Tip: had a breakfast with family and friends who had traveled quite a ways. On a Sunday, the variety of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed here as a wedding guest overnight. Our room was clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. Our room was near the elevator, but it was very quiet. The reception facilities were very nice. We also went to the bar before the wedding and that was a pleasant surprise. There was a performer who sang some Bob Dylan type low key songs - he was rather talented. The wedding was outside at the gazebo with beautiful trees framing the area which made it feel rather quaint and private despite being on a large golf course. The reception area was very nice and the food was excellent! I would recommend the facilities for a place to stay or a wedding or both. As a guest, I thought it was very nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bowie, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at Turf Valley while attending an over night retreat. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room. I paid $109.00 for a suite that had a wrap-around balcony, huge bedroom with a desk, internet, chair, flat-screen tv, dresser, door with wall pockets (great source of privacy); a tall mini-fridge, coffee/tea maker with tea, coffee and condiments, microwave, cabinets, sink, an over-sized bathroom, a huge living-room area with a small dinette table w/chairs, large picture window, pull-out sofa, large chair, dresser and flat-screen tv! My room overlooked the beautifully kept golf-course and waterfall that changes colors at night. Wow, now that's a deal. I will definitely be back!

I almost forgot about the remainder of the resort. The grounds are beautifully kept. The outdoor pool was under repair so I did not get to use it. The indoor pool is part of the Spa area. Aww, it was so tranquil and relaxing that I actually fell asleep in the lounge chair. The entire resort is beautiful and the staff are very nice and accommodating. I did not use the lounge or restaurant but both areas were well kept. I think I may plan my birthday party there.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the golf course and water fall
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Norfolk, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I just returned from a board meeting held at Turf Valley and was very pleased. The only downside is if you fly in....plan on spending about $60-70 for the taxi trip to the resort (they do have a shuttle for the return). The rooms are spacious...and I mean spacious...lots of windows, minifridge, flat screen TV with lots of channels. Free wi fi ad coffee maker in the room and large bathroom. Beds are comfy too. There is both lounge and restaurant. Excellent beer on tap and nice wine selection (martinis are well prepared too). Angela's has a decent menu and reasonable prices. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool (currently closed) as well as a health club and a spa. I wish I had more time to explore the place but it was raining one of the days I was there but next if we meet here, plan to spend more time and even go on the driving range.Of course the view of the links can't be beat either...bet is is beautiful in the autumn. Staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you are doing any business on Route 70 and Howard County this is the place to stay.

I am a member of Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards. Neither chain offers a full service brand in this area. Unfortunately I need to rule out Double Tree in Columbia.

After some research and coming across an amazing rate I started to stay here. It will be about my seventh stay. On my third stay the front desk started to welcome me by name. I have a nice room with a gorgeous view. The hotel offers lots of perks for the business traveler - parking wireless internet indoor pool fitness center business center - (all complimentary)

The best part: I come back from the office and hit the driving range. Now for me thats worth lots of points.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of their courses. Pulling the curtains open to this view will beat any cu...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!