“We loved it and would highly recommend this resort” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2700 Turf Valley Road, Ellicott City, MD 21042   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Manhattan Beach, California
“We loved it and would highly recommend this resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

Our son and his new wife spent their first two honeymoon nights at this resort. The

service was above and beyond what we could have hoped for. We were truly

blessed at this fabulous resort. Excellent service and everything we requested

was above and beyond our expectations. Denise and Donna in reservation

took outstanding care of all our needs from across the country. We would highly

recommend this resort for memories of a lifetime !!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel sits on a nice golf course, which snakes around the property, its quite a nice view from the rooms. Its a medium size hotel with good meeting facilities. My group has been meeting here yearly for many years, with the exception of a two year period. After which, management has made improvements to the rooms and our conference has returned. The food has always been fine here and the service fine as well. This hotel features a nice pool and tennis courts too. Elevators are painfully slow, but this is not a big deal. I'm not sure about the location of this hotel, it might be a little far away from major tourist activities. Otherwise, the golf facilities here are excellent. They have a driving range, putting green, other practice facilities and a full pro shop. The golfing here is great, our group does an outing, we always have a great time and the staff handles all the details.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
San Benito, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We just checked out from this beautiful resort. We came from Texas to attend a wedding. I wanted to provide some immediate feedback before traveling home.

the BEST
Front Desk Staff - Polished and Friendly
Room - Comfortable Bedding and Keurig Coffee Machines
Ballroom - Fantastic View and Elegant Set Up

the GOOD
Food - Delicious
Banquet Staff - Visible

the (just) OK
Restaurant - Average (Breakfast)

Overall I would recommend Turf Valley to anyone for their special event.

Room Tip: Call hotel directly. Very helpful staff.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
columbia, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have stayed at Turf Valley twice and was very happy both times. I live and own a business in the area, and use the hotel as a very productive getaway for a couple of days at a time. The Executive Suites are particularly nice - very comfortable - and when clients must meet with me, there are great places throughout the hotel for meetings. Alexandra's restaurant is excellent (best crab cakes around) and, as a local, I can tell you that a lot of people in the area go there for dinner. The golfing is excellent and every staff member you encounter is friendly and attentive. Although I'm mostly thinking of the business traveler in this review, I have also been to many special events at Turf Valley and they are always top notch.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

When you travel so much a hotel and airline become home. I have been staying at Turf Valley on and off for about a year now. My company offers other options such as chain hotels. But I always come back here...

Areas the resort does well and caters for any business traveler:

+ Wireless Internet (Complimentary)
+ Free Parking
+ Spacious and Modern Room (I stay in an Executive King)
+ Good Value
AND most importantly
+ Competent and Friendly Front Desk Staff

My only suggestion: The Lounge. During all my other travels I make it a point to spend time, watch the game, have a few beers. Yours has no soul !

Anyways given the great service, value, and quality rooms this is always smart choice. Keep it up !

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly ! Ask for Executive Kings
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We had a Spa Package which was a delight. By far the best value in the region. The services provided by The Spa were superb. We are definitely coming back and passing on the word to our friends. This property is a hidden gem of Maryland. The rooms were very nice, and the service exceeds the standards of most full service hotels.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Turf Valley Resort for two separate conferences. I just recently stayed here and also stayed here in February 2010. I have had two wildly different rooms. Last year, my room was extremely small, with two full beds and a small bathroom. The room was older and hadn't been updated in a while. That being said, it was suitable for my needs but definitely didn't have that "resort" feel.

This year, I had a room with one king bed and one pull out couch. This room was MUCH nicer (at the same price as the other room). It was VERY large, with a refrigerator, microwave and a HUGE bathroom. The shower was really nice and everything had obviously been somewhat recently renovated.

A problem with this resort is that you can always hear people out in the halls, even if they are speaking in a normal tone of voice. The restaurant, Alexandra's, is not the best and the only option for food at the hotel. The front desk staff are very nice and accommodating.

Turf Valley resort does offer a hotel shuttle from BWI (for a price), but they were disorganized and the shuttle drivers didn't have cbs or phones, which made them very difficult to locate. One group of people had to wait for 90 mins for their scheduled shuttle, as another group had taken it.

This place is average. I don't golf and I've only been in the winter, so I am not sure how that part of the resort stacks up. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!